Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1938 Chrysler Royal -- project
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new member in the Detroit, MI area. I have a '38 Chrysler that I got as a basket case some years ago. Started working on it, but then a kid came along, life got in the way, etc., I'm sure you know how that goes. I won't say how long the car has been sitting, but the kid drove himself to school today.:D

Anyway I'm looking to get back into it, but oddly enough, the first thing I need to do is put it in storage for a few months so I can expand my garage. If anybody has any suggestions as to where I could find storage in SE Michigan I'd love to hear them. Every place I've contacted requires cars to be running, which this is not. It does roll and I have a title.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I’ve done the same thing but kept the car in the garage and worked around it. Used some car skates under each wheel. Rolled it wherever it needed to go.
And welcome to the forum.
I met an ancient gentleman in NZ back in ‘91 who was driving his 38 Chrysler
That he bought new.

·
Registered
1938 Chrysler Royal -- project
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve done the same thing but kept the car in the garage and worked around it. Used some car skates under each wheel. Rolled it wherever it needed to go.
I have it on those already, but I'm out of square footage. I have three small sheds sitting where the new part of the garage is going to be, so those have to go away and the stuff packed in them has to go somewhere. My air compressor is in one of them, so I need to bring that inside and hook it back up. I'm going to need it for the build. The car just has to go somewhere for a few months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.