Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Chevrolet Malibu 496-TH400-9" (cruiser). 1992 Chevrolet S10 355-700r4-7.625" (daily driver).
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, from a long time time follower.

I have enjoyed this forum for years. I am hoping to give something back, for all of the great information I have received.

I am a "gen-X, 40 something" car guy. I do all of my own tinkering, even if that means I have to do it twice sometimes. The cost of an education in this hobby is usually a combination of time, money and mistakes. I build my own engines and transmissions, set up rear ends, chassis/suspension, welding, paint, body and fabrication. I still consider myself to be a novice to intermediate skill level in the aforementioned areas. I learn every day.

Daily driver is a 1992 S10. 355-700r4-7.625"

Cruiser is a 1979 Malibu 496-TH400-9"

While I am a Chevrolet guy, I do not have anything against Fords, Mopars, etc. My philosophy is that a person can make anything scary fast and it really comes down to which brand appeals to you stylistically.

Strangely, there are no hot rodding people in my social life and I do not know anyone in the automotive industry. Aside from the occasional trip to the machine shop, the forums are the only conversation pertaining to my hobby. I look forward to chatting with the great folks here!

Thanks for reading!

Gene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.