Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post everyone so if I mess up. My bad. Well. I am planning on doing a full drive train swap to my 240 Volvo down the road. My biggest problem I have is which axle to use. The My car is a daily driver but want to turn into a Rally Car. I have looked around and understand both aspects of them to some extent. My car will have anywhere from 450 - 600 HP and 500 TQ when done so dependability of IRS is questionable. That's where a 9 inch Ford comes in. I just don't know. :smash: Thank You for any help. Looking foreword to many forums. (I'm Not Crazy.) :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Like an offroading, driving around on the dirt/gravel paths rally car?

What kind of motor and driveline setup are you planning?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drivetrain will either be a 375 or 377 SB Chevy in that HP range stated before with a possible 75 - 200 Nos Shot. Redline will be around 6,500 RPM's with a Tunnel Ram Intake. I will build it myself. The tranny will be bought ready to handle the power. Thinking 6 Speed T56 or a 5 Speed might be better. Being I do want it for dirt, hilly, gravel roads. Like the Dakar Rallies. Body stiffening is also on it's way. :thumbup:

I just remembered that I have heard the rear end in my car right now is a Dana 30. Don't know if this can help in any way.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Aren't rally cars typically all wheel drive? Seems like you're going to have to be extremely patient for pendelum turns and what not if you're just running a rear drive setup. Doesn't seem very competitive to me at all. I am missing something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Road Courses as well. Not all are AWD. Road Course would be way more commen then offroading of course. Can't tear it up. It's my daily driver. All though AWD Volvo 240 would be Awesome!!! Hoping it will accelerate faster than a new Corvette to 155 MPH when finished as well. Rambling on I geuss.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts