Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a similar question on another board but haven't had many hits. I'm thinking of getting Mondello heads and intake but have seen some bad revues. These were a few years old so I'm looking for some recent experiences. There must be other Oldsy lovers out there that have worked with these folks.....
Any help appreciated.
:cool:
(1972 Cutlass 'S' coupe. Building a 455 @ .020-.030 over and a "mild" cam. TH400 with a shift kit.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have been on there site many times looking for parts, but before i put any $ down ill always check other places-mainly summit-and i havent gotten anything from mondello yet because summit always seems to beat them. sorry i dont have any real in service experience with them, but like i said, summit seems to have better selection, and better prices.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Mondello

You may want to go on Speed TV's website,last weeks episode on Horsepower is a 455 Olds build in Mondellos shop,Joe Mondello is a legend and knows more about head design and flow than anyone on the planet,there is no way an "off the shelf" piece from the big box stores would even be in the same league.That makes about as much sense as thinking Greg Anderson wins Pro Stock championships with Summits off the shelf parts,you get what you pay for,how fast do you want to go??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I need to be clearer. I believe Mondello has quality speed products. It's the service aspect that concerns me. The stories range from mis-matched parts to bad after sale service. Before I send a few grand to these folks I just want a warm feeling I'm not going to regret it.
:)

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
oldsguy said:
Maybe I need to be clearer. I believe Mondello has quality speed products. It's the service aspect that concerns me. The stories range from mis-matched parts to bad after sale service. Before I send a few grand to these folks I just want a warm feeling I'm not going to regret it.
:)
It would be real EZ to check with the local BBB where Joe is located to see if there are unsatisfied complaints,just a thought and it's free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.