Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 305 sbc. with stock heads and standard bore and stroke, with an edelbrock performer intake with a BG Road Demon jr 625 cfm carb. I have a summit cam with
204/214 @ .050
.420"/.442" lift
Is this cam too big for my set up? On desktop Dyno i am around 300 hp and about 295 ft lbs. The engine sounds like it has a pretty radical cam in it but i didn't think the cam was all that big. I just wanted some other opinions on it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
No,thats a pretty small cam in my eyes,yes,it will sound bigger than it would in a larger cube motor like a 350,but should only have a little lope,you do have more carb than you need,maybe its being a bit fussy and making it sound that way,Its hard to say without hearing it,plus everybody has there own idea of what a big cam is.

Vacuum leaks and pcv valves without proper venting on the valve covers can do some weird stuff to.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
I used three steps bigger summit cam in my 305, hardly any noticable lope.

You won't hear lope, and it won't be big, that's about the smallest aftermarket cam you can get-

k

·
Registered
570 Posts
Check out the summit 184/194 .368/.398 now thats small,says it falls flat at 3000,I hope to never take part in a project that lets me know that for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts