Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read some of the thread of Singh's grooves...Do I ever feel like I have alot to learn now!!! Anyways, here's my humble question:

About 20 years ago I asked a friend of mine to build a sbc street/strip engine with the following specs:
first gen. 4 bolt
stock rods (LT1)
10:1 forged pistons .040 over
iron heads 2.02/1.60, 1.6:1 roller rocker arms
cam: 232 @ .050, .480" lift
MSD 6 ignition with HEI

I plan on swaping this engine into a relatively light car(3000-3300 lbs) with a 5 or 6 speed tremec with a fairly low diff.

My question lies with the induction system. I currently have a Holley 750 DP with a Weiand Team G intake.

Can I get these two to work on this combo, or should I go with the "recommended" dual plane intake with a 650 vacuum secondary carb?

Forgot to mention, would be for mainly street use

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Vac-secondary preferred, Dual plane preferred, there will be a noticeable difference.

you have lots of cam for a 350,

Definitely a heavy flywheel so it doesn't bog with the 3500 pounds running weight.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
It really depends on how you want to use your car. If this is going to be a cruiser that spends most of its life in the lower RPM area, you're going to be better off (happier) going to a dual plane intake manifold and smaller carburetor. It would give you better drivability without having to wind up the engine.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
A 4-hole spacer will help, but won't make an intake that is designed to work over 3500 RPM work optimally off idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.