Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this possable to happen. if you have a carbureted engine and the carb is dirty. can and or will the motor bog at wot if the carb is dirty? i think mine was. today i just sprayed alot of carb cleaner in there while it was running. took it for a drive and bog kinda went away.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Test is a few more times and if there is still a problem give us a little better description of what is happening when you hit WOT.

Test it a few more times and if there is still a problem give us a little better description of what is happening when you hit WOT. Also what carb are you running.

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok maybe i should have said it like this,
at wot around 4000rpms the bog or w/e it is makes the rpms jump up to like 5000rpms for like a second and then drops back down. thats what the bog is. it makes my rpms jump really high sometimes at wot. and the car makes a boging noise. i dont know another word so im calling it a bog.

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i have gas, fuel pump is almost new and has always worked fine. i was leaning towards it being weak valve springs. but ill adjust my carb again in the mornings and then post how it goes.
EDIT: o yeah and i dont know if this is bad or not but when and if i take a hard sharp turn my car will want to die. thats from the floats in the carb im sure of it. but when accelerating it never used to do anything like that and it still doesnt

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Take the carb. off and boil it out, put a new kit in it, set the floats to spec. it should be alright. Spraying cleaner in or on it is just a band aid. The only adjustments affect idle only.

Troy

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so basically i need to rebuild my carb? is this a hard process since this is going to be my first time doing it? thanx

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
What kind of carb is it? Just as poncho said, your running out of gas at wot, if the float is set too low then it runs out of gas especially at WOT when fuel demand is at it`s highest and if the float isn`t high enough to provide the engine with enough fuel the result is a bog.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i have one of those exact same carbs and i put a recalibration kit in it and it was my first time every trying it. But i haven never seen a rebuild kit for the carb. Good thing is, theres only one piece u have to take off on the carb, thats a score!:thumbup:

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Simple as ABC building blocks.:drunk:

Troy

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice, i was thinking about just taking off the choke because it seems like it just gets in the way since i dont use it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts