Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
350 bored 30 over with flattops. 2.02, 1.60 heads, not sure of the chamber size. Crane 1.5 roller rockers. Comp cam- 274 Int. , 286 Ex.. 230/ 236 duration at .050, 490/490 lift and 110 lobe seperation. Edelbrock performer intake with 600 vacuum secondary Holley. headers and 3 in. exhaust with Flowmasters 40's. This engine is in a 75 chevy pick-up with a stock torque converter and a 400 trans. I am not sure of the rear gears but I think they are 3.73. I can't get this thing to run right. There is no idle mixture adjustment at all. I have checked for vacuum leaks and can't find any. Timing is set at 10 degrees and to tell ya the truth, I don't have a clue how to check the overall timing. This is the first engine I ever attempted to build and I want to learn all I can. Any advice will be greatly appreciated and I will try damn near anything to get this thing running right. Allright let me have it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What do you mean by not runnin right? Give us a little more info on what exactly is going on and we might be able to get this worked out for you. Your cam seems to be ok, what are the casting numbers on you heads so we can figure out your CR. More info is always better than not enough.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
53_belair said:
What do you mean by not runnin right? Give us a little more info on what exactly is going on and we might be able to get this worked out for you. Your cam seems to be ok, what are the casting numbers on you heads so we can figure out your CR. More info is always better than not enough.
need more than comp chamber CC. also need pistion volume, deck height and also the head gasket thickness, to get an accurate measure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I can pull the valve cover to get the casting number. As far as the rest, I haven't a clue. Am I going to have to tear the heads off to do this? The problems are that I have no idle mixture adjustment, Idles real high in park and when I put it in gear it barely idles. It also falls flat on its face at lower RPM when accelerating. 50 on up it runs like a bat out of hell. I can't find any vacuum leaks. It won't be till this weekend till I can check the casting number on the head. Let me know what else I have to do. I am not beyond pulling the engine if I have to to get this thing right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts