Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im 19 and i have been working on motors since i was knee high to a grass hopper and still have more to learn about the ignition stuff lol. i just got done puttin a cam in my truck, its a 454bbc and it a pretty big cam and i cant get it runnin. i checked plug wire routing and the coil and timing made sure that the spark is goin to the right piston at the right time and even took it all back apart to see if i didnt line the marks up correctly and everything seemed to look great. it will start for a min but once you give it gas it blows it through the carb so i retarted the dist. and try again still nothin. im so lost and confused.

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
redneck_9019 said:
ok im 19 and i have been working on motors since i was knee high to a grass hopper and still have more to learn about the ignition stuff lol. i just got done puttin a cam in my truck, its a 454bbc and it a pretty big cam and i cant get it runnin. i checked plug wire routing and the coil and timing made sure that the spark is goin to the right piston at the right time and even took it all back apart to see if i didnt line the marks up correctly and everything seemed to look great. it will start for a min but once you give it gas it blows it through the carb so i retarted the dist. and try again still nothin. im so lost and confused.
Need cam specs, timing set & type of ignition, carb specs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.