Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have contacted the sellers sometimes to set them straight, even though I am not interested in purchasing their items. There are just some listings that you can't help but laugh about. I mean, if I had a dollar for every time someone called a center hung carb a double pumper, when it was actually a vacuum secondary, I'd be rich by now.

Here is a listing I saw today. What was this guy thinking?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33550&item=7920420208&rd=1

He even says he has a lot of experience.:spank:

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Thats one big two barrel!:D

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
Shhhhhh! I want to save this one for myself. Stop spreading the word around about this rare piece. It's worth thousands.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
More like a 250... I see a lot of that in engine parts on Ebay. Stuff like Forged pistons (when they are cast), same with cranks. Hi-performance Camel Back heads (when they are in truth 882's). It takes all kinds...

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
parts

And then someone will buy it and get on this forum and ask why everyone is telling them there 2 bbl carb is a 850 cfm and the numbers don't match...... He.....He..... He........

Keith

·
Registered
112 Posts
Last night I got on E-bay to look at a '32 Ford. turned out to look like a '27 Ford. Or a 51 Ford pick-up that strangely resembled a 54 Ford...........Hmmmmm....Somebody fudging papers here???

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
VALVE

I have one but,,,,,, it's metric???? Would that work....

keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts