Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Blowin' it
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as most of you know already, my interior is completed and I am (was) very happy and excited about it. I have my car over at my dad's house, covered in his garage. I decided to go over with my 5 year old son because he loves to tinker with it and drive around here and there. I go inside, tell my dad that I am getting the car out, and then and there he tells me "well we need to talk, theres a problem". I am thinking, what the heck now, there is always something wrong.

suspense time.................................................

I do not listen, I go uncover the car, look around, all seems well. Then he tells me, his neighbors cat got in the car. I know you are all thinking it sprayed in it.

NO!!!!!! No cat spray.

Those seats that the first upholsterer did so well, dang cat thought they were a scratching post. Both inner seat back bolsters are scratched and clawed. I could feel the heat coming from my face, I thought my head was going to spin around a few times, then green stuff come flying out of my mouth.

I have calmed down by now, called the shop that did the wonderful job on the seats, he about flipped out as well. He asked me if the cat was dead. By the way, the cat is not dead, I held my composer well, quite a few not so nice words flew though.

Needless to say, seats are off to be redone, the good thing is, its only 3 pieces that have to be replaced. He has the same roll of material still, and he says he will take care of it. Thank goodness - it could have been worse.

Sorry for going on and on...

Jason

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Sounds to me like Dad's neighbor owes you a new interior.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
302/Z28 said:
My thoughts exactly, I would at least present them with the repair bill, even if they refuse to pay for it. And I would put them on notice about their cat also.

Vince

... and tack a little on for labor, and the "you're lucky I didn't kill your cat" service charge.

K

·
Blowin' it
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What makes it the most difficult is that all of us are great friends. We all hang out together and throw parties. I told him about it, and he immediately said he would pay for the seats to be repaired. I really do not believe it is his fault, besides it is just a cat. As much as I did want to kill it, I just gave is a good swift kick in the ***. The cat definitely got the point as he flew across the garage, tail over head tumble.

I blame my dad more than anything, he is the one that allows the cat in his garage when it is cold. He, and I too, thought that the covers over the car would be enough, but we were wrong. I guess it is just an expensive lesson learned.

By the way, the cat is not allowed in his garage anymore. Heck, if I were the cat, I would not come around for fear that another foot will be up his rear again.

Jason

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hate to say it Dude, have you ever considered Cat leather. My pappy used to say "Cat meat was the other white meat the lady enjoyed"! Men like PIG!!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Don't even believe that cat won't be back. Keep the windows up at all times.
No cat, NO CAT, can resist a good scratchfest when it is uninterrupted and having fun. Oh yeah, it will be back so be prepared.

·
Blowin' it
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sure the cat will be back. But now there is no way he can get in. The bad thing is, the glass is back out of the car. I did not like the weatherstrips, so I go originals. Waiting for the glass man to come out and put them back in. For now, I have the car wrapped up, so he can't get in. Heck it is a pain to unwrap.

Killer - it was real hard not to completely blow my top, but I held it. Let's just say 2 + years ago, yes there would have been blood splatter.

Jason

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
I would take kitty for a ride to see the countryside. Dairies like cats. He would have a lot of leather to look at. :D Dan

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Look at it this way though.....Maybe the cat kept the mice out. Nothing worse than a couple of mice urinating and shredding everything in a car, then deciding to die :eek:

·
Blowin' it
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dinger said:
I would take kitty for a ride to see the countryside. Dairies like cats. He would have a lot of leather to look at. :D Dan
That was definitely my first idea. I said that cat may just disappear.

Look at it this way though.....Maybe the cat kept the mice out. Nothing worse than a couple of mice urinating and shredding everything in a car, then deciding to die
I would have a complete fit, kicking and screaming, then straight into the nut house.

My new thing is, when the car is finally painted, is this darn cat going to climb on it. I know it will be back at my house most of the time, but no car cover will stop sharp cat claws from digging in. I have an idea, I will just give him 4 knubs.

Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
dinger said:
Or kitty lake. I've heard of puppy lake where some puppies go to roam and pee on everything EXCEPT chrome rims. Maybe there is a place called Kitty lake.

Having friends animals (or kids :pain: ) do damage at your house or on the cars puts you in a tough spot. I paid 650 bucks for a scrape down the side of the wifes Astro Van where our friends Son scraped his bare handle bars on his bike before wrecking at his house.
So keeping kitty alive (for now) will at least keep PETA from marching in front of your house. Cat is the other white meat?? Hmmm Invite the neighbor over for a BBQ if it happens again...Kitty taco's..sounds yummy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts