Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mine is in Mesquite according to ups tracking. My toploader ought to be here Tuesday sometime..... This is gonna be great!!!!(say it like otter;))
I'll have an actual four speed instead of a three speed with the rarely used first gear. right now, in fourth gear, at 80 mph, i'm running 3k rpms. sure would be nice to have another gear to grab.
it is a 68 model, supposed to be in good order. but before dropping it in, I'm going to rebuild it myself. :mwink:
going to get a new clutch with the money i'm charging Michael to fix the car.:mwink:

other than that, ain't nothing going on here.

where's your tranny?

·
Registered
806 Posts
:thumbup: let me know how the swap goes, I've been considering this myself because I know a guy I could get a 4 speed off for REAL cheap maybe even free :thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Wheeew, Larry, ya had me worried, I thought maybe you were looking for the other kind of "tranny".:D Dan

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no problem. it's insured;)

you could of told me and i'd have insured it for more.

hey Aaron, run down to harry hines and get us some pics of your tranny.:mwink:

·
Banned
431 Posts
crazy larry said:
no problem. it's insured;)

you could of told me and i'd have insured it for more.

hey Aaron, run down to harry hines and get us some pics of your tranny.:mwink:
you can pick up a tranny down there for $5............. not that i have or anything..........:pain:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
well, i can say fo sho, mine's in the parts washer out back.:thumbup:

btw, the tail housing is a 68, the case is a 65. I wonder what else i'll find tomorrow when i open it up?:eek: and the tag is gone.....

Oldskoolrods, go ahead and get it, even if you don't use it, it'll make great swap material. this one cost $75 to ship from tampa bay fla to here. ups.:thumbup:

·
Registered
559 Posts
gear box

Going from a 3 to a 4 and now a 5 speed

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts