Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:boxing:

im the new guy
my name is joel
im 24
i used to drive a 68 plymouth valiant
then some uninsured mexican gardener thought my passenger side needed to be remodeled with the front of his pick up truck.
now I get to go to court and sue him for a rake and leaf blower.
I have come front a family of car freaks, my great uncle made me love cars when I watched him fis the carb on my s-10 with the red stick off the dw-40 can, a stethoscope and a little tranny fluid. i love all cars but have been cursed by coming from a mopar family so i have that strange love for those car that are now harder to find parts for and work on than the other domestics. I really came to hotrodders.com because I want to make itmy career and I wanted to ask what a good way would be to do that.
thanks for letting me speak. did that sound kinda like an AA meeting to you too? -Joeldozer

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey joel

If thats what you like to do...Do it and have some fun while your doing it I myself want to be a painter and all I do is practice, practice,practice until I'am completly satisfied with my work.

and good luck with the trial maybe you can get more than a leaf blower and a shovel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what happened to the valiant?

ericganter,

i'll see if i can post some pics of the damaged valiant, only if you promise not to cry as girlishly as i did. honestly, i thought i was going to vomit on the offeneding party i was so upset. i worked my *** off to paint that car "blue mist pearlesant" $4000 paint job. but to answer your question, it's sitting in my garage until the insurance company does their little dance and I find out if I have to take the people who hit me to court or not, from there I have to decide if I want to part it out or find another mopar and go Dr.frankenstien on it's ***. I admit I don't have 2 of the 3 "T's" you need to do that. You know, tools, time and talent. I have the time, hahaha. Also I don't have the other of the 3 big "C's" you need to fix something like this, you know cash, check or credit card. But I do have a bunch of frinds who are building A bodies who could use the parts. I'll probably get what I can from insurance, sell what I can off the car, and start all over. I had a dream last night about a chop top satin black 50's style wagon, I think I might like to build one of those. Muscle cars are super cool but I'm more the knuckles dragging out the window, shifter poking through the roof, flames belching out the tail pipes, primer paint job kinda guy, the valiant project was, in retrospect a crazy whim, a really expensive whim, especially since I already had one at the time, I'll attach a picture of that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what happened to the valiant?

ericganter,

i'll see if i can post some pics of the damaged valiant, only if you promise not to cry as girlishly as i did. honestly, i thought i was going to vomit on the offeneding party i was so upset. i worked my *** off to paint that car "blue mist pearlesant" $4000 paint job. but to answer your question, it's sitting in my garage until the insurance company does their little dance and I find out if I have to take the people who hit me to court or not, from there I have to decide if I want to part it out or find another mopar and go Dr.frankenstien on it's ***. I admit I don't have 2 of the 3 "T's" you need to do that. You know, tools, time and talent. I have the time, hahaha. Also I don't have the other of the 3 big "C's" you need to fix something like this, you know cash, check or credit card. But I do have a bunch of frinds who are building A bodies who could use the parts. I'll probably get what I can from insurance, sell what I can off the car, and start all over. I had a dream last night about a chop top satin black 50's style wagon, I think I might like to build one of those. Muscle cars are super cool but I'm more the knuckles dragging out the window, shifter poking through the roof, flames belching out the tail pipes, primer paint job kinda guy, the valiant project was, in retrospect a crazy whim, a really expensive whim, especially since I already had one at the time, I'll attach a picture of that one.:evil: :spank: :spank: :spank: :boxing:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts