Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm following the sheep and converting my 1985 XJS Jag from the V12 to a sb350. I'm not sure if anyone here has actually done this and if there is I could sure use the help. What I'm running into by the time I add the air cleaner I'm at least 1-2" to high. The current topping is an Edlebrock 2701 EPS intake and a 1406 carb followed by the 14" EB lid. I've looked at the Holley Street Dominator intakes because they seem to be the lowest surface height I can also take an 1" off the 3" element that comes with the EB housing. Other thoughts have been the Holley Hi-Tek air filter but I;ve read they are very restrictive. Any thoughs on what a good combination would be?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out the web site Jag-lovers.com, they call Jags with a V8 Lumps. they have a whole section on this conversion.

For the air cleaner you can always put a remote air cleaner in and pipe it the carb, as on some fuel injection cars.

Why on earth do want to do you want to convert to a V8? the V12 is a fantastic motor.

Ernst

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernst said:

Why on earth do want to do you want to convert to a V8? the V12 is a fantastic motor.

Ernst
Granted they are nicely designed motors when they don't leak oil from seals unknown not to mention the Intermittent starter issues. I want to use this for a fun reliable car and I just couldn't see that happening with a V12..

You hear the joke: Why don't the British ride bikes?

They can't figure out how to make them leak...

Har Har..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi There.

The problem with a Jag is that it requires commitment on maintenance, I know we are getting off Hot Rod subjects but just to tell you I have 249.000 KM on my 92 XJS, 4.0 liter 6 and got excited last week when I thought I needed to change the radiator, turned out to be only the top rad hose, so I could not play with my car. I`ve had and worked on 12`s , Granted I am a mechanic with my own garage, and I do all my own work, but it is an enthusiasts car, or a rich persons car who goes to the dealer. and what I have seen come to me afterward would scare you, and the V12 is very misunderstood by people that do not own them.

If you have oil leaks and intermittent starting then check out the Jag-lovers web site archives, there is a wealth of information there on these things, I am registered on that site also.

Keep a Jag a Jag, Just my humble opinion.

Ernst.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts