Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long break of about 3 years I did get the jag rear mounted in the Buick. I used a Snow white install kit and it made the install easy enough. I still need to do the radius rods of about 40" long. The sedan rear is 61.5" hub to hub. I am planing to ad 1.25" wheel adapters to get the track a little wider and be able to use the 5x5 true spoke wheels.
I am still working on the '23 T bucket along with the old Buick'

Watercooled

Attachments

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
822 Posts
Hopefully you will be rebuilding the rear end before finalizing everything..here is what I did..same setup as yours..

AND

AND

AND

In addition, rent a spring compressor and take the shocks apart to see if any are shot. I had 2 dead ones.

Full website here

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully you will be rebuilding the rear end before finalizing everything..here is what I did..same setup as yours..

/[/URL]

AND

/[/URL]

AND

/[/URL]

AND

/[/URL]

In addition, rent a spring compressor and take the shocks apart to see if any are shot. I had 2 dead ones.

Full website here
/[/URL]

AND

AND

AND

Full website here

thanks for your advise. As of now I wont be getting into the jag rear end rebuild. I do have another rear still in the car for any parts. Its easy to drop the unit out of the car when needed. I will be getting the T bucket going before the Buick along with the jet boat this summer.
I still have to build an engine for the 35 and finish the wood repair. All 4 door wood need a going over. It needs glass etc.
It was in rough shape although no metal rot or major damage. The bucket was a barn find so I snagged it.It was sitting for 28 years and never completed.
At 75 yrs and still going thanks to my 31 year old wife.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohhhh..35???? Boy howdy, I'd forget about hot rodding, of the car kind!!
Can't afford 60's muscle cars, and I like early hot rods. My first one was 1934 ford 3 window coupe all steel with chevy power.
Then a 24 T sedan delivery, 31 Buick, and a 1939 Cadallac La salle club coupe convertible. These were built from the late 60's through the early 80's. A long break until I started back 15 yrs ago with a m-29 weasel retro fitted with chevy IL six and powerglide. Then back to the cars.
cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts