Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be either rebuilding my th-350 or buying one. Not sure yet. Jegs has their brand trans. for $600. Does anyone have an opinion about those transmissions?

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
Personally I would say get a book and do it yourself. But i dont see why the Jegs one would be bad in anyway.
Does it come with a warranty?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
It seems like where you live you should have access to quite a few good transmission shops. I would ask around to find out who does the best work and then get a quote from them on a bench job. If the Jegs trans. is quality built (who knows ??) with a torque conv. then its not a bad price.......BUT I read the add and it does'nt say a thing about warranty but then again a lot of places don't warranty "performance parts"

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you rebuilt it yourself and needed some advice or guidance during the process,you could count on getting a lot of help from this site.

If you don't feel comfortable building it yourself,you might check out some local shops. Some do offer a warranty on performance work.

Dealing with a local shop will save you the hassle of shipping and down time,if there were a problem

·
Registered
648 Posts
I suggest doing it your self if you have the tools and patience. The spring compressor is a life saver. I had to rig up some bushing drivers but all in all it turned out really well. I bought a complete kit from Oregan Performance Transmission of e bay and it was a very complete and well packaged kit. I also bought the TH 350 book by Ron Sessions for a guide.

Good luck if you decide to do it yourself!

By the way I'm not to far away from you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys, My buddy might give me a trans he has laying around . If it works out then I think I will try to rebuild mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts