Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
41' Chevy Master DeLuxe Tudor
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One more reason to move to California and start a small business building custom bikes and custom cars. :boxing:
I'm not a fan of his but this guy does build custom vehicles. I see a lot of untapped revenue there for the state and once they do it the rest of the country will to.(Parinoid Smilie goes here) Air quality permits for antique/custom vehicles. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it? :pain:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070127/ap_en_tv/people_jesse_james

·
Administrator
18,402 Posts
Thing that bugs my bum is, how does anyone get away with selling 50 Custom built motorcycles, that dont pass emission laws. Is there not certification standards for selling vehicles in California? I am sure that there are.

·
41' Chevy Master DeLuxe Tudor
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure more details will come out. There are quite a few bike builders in California that just got a wakeup call. I'd say Hot Rodders better pay attention too. I wonder what a $70K custom chopper bike would look like and sound like compliant with the standards? Probably not very appealing to eyes or ears. Who would want one? One things for sure if you have a pre-emission non-compliant west coast chopper in your garage the value probably just went up. :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
It sounds like a bummer for Jesse, but California has been like that for a long time. It sounds like he just tried to slip a few by. It does appear that something is missing from the story though.

·
turbo lag......yeeeeehaaaaaaw
682 Posts
In california motorcycles do not have inspections or smog tests. But they do need to comply to the noise pollution laws.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jesse James Busted for Air Qaulity

Hey have I mentioned I live in the Peoples Communist republic of California ?
Wasnt Sandra Bullock the Star that Gave Like a Million too Sunami Aide ?
Think it was Her ? Im not sure on that ??
Ohhh This Torx me off ! Big Time ! Well hate ta spring it on ya all . It's worse than you all can Imagine !
Startin with Gun control ! <, Wich im not even gonna go there today !
Basically Ca. DMV is now as powerfull as The IRS , Or District Attorney's , Child support Division .
Pretty Much I scanned thru , how too title your Hot Rodd , in here , and im of the opinion ya just dont get it !
So im gonna lay it on ya ! The Calif . DMV Makes the rules up as they go along . <<< Fact ! One instance , Too register my Ford truck , I called and Inquired how much was it Gonna Cost .
Reply from DMV <<< Several as in like 5 time's >> Was we dont know , Just bring Money ! <<< Nahh Im not Jokin here , or tellin Fibb's ! Wish I was !
Was all we could get out of them we Dont Know just bring money !
Not sure if you all are aware that we Impeached Gray Davis and Elected Arnold ?
Yeah ! Arnie is at war with the Machine's ! No doubt about it .
New Law on the Book's Compliment's of Arnie !
Seem's now that if you Owe any DMV fee's , that the DMV can now Confinscate , your Income Tax return , Via the Franchise Tax Board !
Uhuh maybe some of you guy's , Whom like me have had the Pleasure of , paying Child support payment's are famaliar with the Franchise Tax Board ?
Yeah Same folk's who empty Bank account's and confinscate income tax return's on late or over due child support payments . Are the same folk's who, will be Collecting any DMV fees deemed By the DMV as over due , or unpaid .
We allready had are go around with um . Sold a Truck before the Notification of Transfer of Title Law was enacted .
No warning just Confinscated are Tax return . My wife Fought for 3 week's . Argued with every Indian In India <<, where the Franchise tax board operates from ? But she actually got her money back 3 Mos later .
Wich totally Miffed me ? I told her it was Gone and Good Luck, with that !
But dont be fooled these people are suttle !
Not sure if you folk's are aware that Calif is like the 6th Largest economy in the World . But Im sure No Mass Abuses will occur ???? Ho, ho, Ha, Ha, Hee, Hee, Hee $$$$$$$$$
Ok as of the 1 st of the year ? New law went intoo affect . Insurance Law . Seem's any Liscensed driver in State of Calif who doesnt have insurance . Will have there Liscense Suspended !!!
Yeah my understanding is wether or not you own a Car or Drive ?
Not reall sure on the Specific's here . But it's my Understanding that in order too Reinstate your Driver's Liscense . You will have too Purchase an SR-22 Policy . $$$$$$$$$
Yipp ! I could Go on and On . My only suggestion , on Titleing and Liscenseing a Car in State of Calif . Or Hott Rodd . Is too know your DMV worker .
I suggest you pick one who has a Ride of his own ? Or Dress like Elton John , and go for the flammin DMV employee ! Avoid the Big black chick. Her and the Skinny Old, white Lady. Im pretty certain Hate Hot Rodder's , and bikers a like .
Oh and just bring Money $$$$$$$ We dont know how much ! Just bring Money $$$$$$$
As too Peta and the Enviromentalist , and the Communist Govenor . Im just Jokin I didnt really Mean any of this ? My best wishe's too the KGB , I mean Sherriff's Dept .
Cant tell you what a releif it is not too have Papparazzi Followin me around . For me and the Average Californian . The Papparazzi Law was a Big Help ! You Go ! Comrade Arnie !
Yipp You and Bustamante are Great Comrade's , True Americana ? :pain:
Not sure if your aware that California also has Smogg Police . <<, No Joke they Call them reffereee's << As in sense of fair play ?
Dont you beleive it ! Not for a second ! I could go on 6 more pages on just midd 80's, Ford ECC111 ignition's .
I like Jesse Jame's ! I like Sandra Bullock ! Guess when they leave ? Im gonna be the only Cool person left in Calif.
Yipp Just be me, and the Communist ! I just cant help thinkin when did the California Brown Bear , become a Russian Dancin Bear ? Just Sadd ! Really Sadd !
:( Sean

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sean, I'm sure that you have mentioned some interesting tidbits on life and the law in Cali, but brother, you REALLY should calm down and rewrite that so we can understand where you're coming from.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea, Customs, hot rods and muscle cars put out so much bad air.
I moved to California in 1973 with my 1965 GTO tri-power with headers and 4 speed. When it came time to register in Cal. I had to have a gismo installed to keep the spark advance off to comply with their laws. After they insalled it they had to do a tail pipe emission check. They couldn't get any reading and had to double check their machine to make sure it was working. Turns out my GTO was tuned so good they couldn't measure the levels. Made me wonder why I had to pay to install something I probably didn't need. Left Cal. about 5 years later.

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
I actually understood Sean's post. Of course I live in CA.

Oh yeah Sean, don't forget the Ca Coastal Commission, or even worse the self proclaimed communist Santa Cruz city council.

California - the land of "fruits and nuts".

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Jesse James isn't the only one.

This stuff has been going on for a few years.

Simms custom cycles hasn't built any customs for sale to people in California for a few years. Check out the little disclaimer he has on his Bikes for sale page...
http://www.ronsimms.com/bike_list.asp

Not for sale in california. :(

If you want a Ron Simms bike in Cal you need to buy a kit. (Simms makes an ugly motorcycle anyway, IMO)

Back in '04 Arlen Ness, Simms, Indian, and a couple others got busted, fined and ordered to comply with emissions standards.

Load this PDF file and scroll down to page 49..
http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/reports/04enfrpt.pdf

Read the report starting at about page 47. Bad boy bikers aren't the only ones who got nabbed. Wal mart, lowes, electrolux, mack truck and a slew of respectable companies got busted for removing emissions equipment and selling it in cal..

I believe that the laws have changed also with regard to how many motorcycles a small company can build before they are required to register as a manufacturer. I was told that it used to be 12 bikes a year, now it is 1. :( This means that all bikes
built in cal will have to comply with emissions as well as noise laws. Unless it is the ONE bike that you are allowed to build. I have also heard that this is a lifetime limit, but I can't verify it.

Yes emissions are regulated on the new bikes. They just aren't tested like cars. ...Yet...
They have all but outlawed new 2 stroke motorcycles because of the emissions.
Here is a cute little PDF from your Federal government (EPA) regarding cats on bikes.
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/roadbike/420f03045.pdf

Later, mikey

And yes, Seans needs to stop with the coffee.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
they'd rather pocket the money than have him fix those bikes. Doesn't surprise me, government is corrupt everywhere, including California.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
mitmaks said:
they'd rather pocket the money than have him fix those bikes. Doesn't surprise me, government is corrupt everywhere, including California.

In all of the companies that were cited in that ARB report that I linked to, fines were levied and the bikes had to comply before they were sold.

I can't believe that Ca would let it slide like that.
Here is the story from ARB..
http://www.arb.ca.gov/newsrel/nr012607.htm

Mikey

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Which explains the mass exodus of businesses from CA to AZ and NV and elsewhere, especially those dealing in auto and other combustion engine driven vehicles whether 2,4, or 18 wheelers.
The CA wack-jobs want the combustion engine banned, where not banned to run on on less efficient corny-gas or ricey-gas or wood alcohol, whatever. As always those behind these movements strangely don't have such vehicles themselves as they consider themselves in the elite which should make all decisions for the unwashed uneducated unwealthy rest of the population.
How can the State of California be populated with that many dumbasses that are awake enough to use a voting machine?
If you keep voting these leftwing dipsticks to every office at the national level, the local level and the state level, you are dooming yourselves to illegal alienazation, walking everywhere you go, wealth distribution schemes which only affect the middle class(who lose it) and the poor(who get it but piss it away), and other neato stuff garanteed to destroy the economy, the rule of law, and the sanctity of life itself.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
pasadenahotrod said:
Which explains the mass exodus of businesses from CA to AZ and NV and elsewhere,QUOTE]

And as they move, the laws of those states start to look amazingly like California's. I know a few people who have moved from Cal to Texas, so get ready.

Already the signs are there. This is how it looked when it started here....

Nevada has started it.
http://www.dmvnv.com/emission.htm#General

Oregon has started it..
http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/vehicle/emissions.shtml

And the EPA has already implemented california's emissions standards nationwide as it applies to motorcycles and other mobile sources of pollution.

http://www.mrf.org/articles/2001/chokehold.html

And sadly yes, even texans in texas are wanting to be like us.
http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=176675

So how long will it be before all states are looking like California?

Later, mikey

BTW, Communist Santa cruz county was one of the last counties in the area to adopt the emissions testing. I know, I lived there for 15 years and Alameda, Santa Clara, and Marin all had smog check before Santa Cruz. They are a bunch of Freaks though. That's why I like Gilroy. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jesse James busted for Air Qaulity

Why Thank You Too Many Toyz !
Admittedly im not a good communicater .

Grew up in Kelso Ca. Near Devil's play ground 100 Miles down a dirt road from nearest town
All I had for a freind, growin up, was a Scrawny Stick and it Broke ?

So I will explain this Simply as I Can . Cause in last 10 Year's Ca. has Changed so many Law's it , is impossible too touch base on all of them .

We Impeached Gray Davis our govenor . Then Elected Comrade Arnold .
Gray Davis was No better . <<, A Crook and a Communist .

But in doing so Are Leutenant Govenor Bustamante was retained and is still the Leutenant Govenor . << He is, a sweatty Fatt Balding Hispanic Guy . That continually Mop's his, sweatty forehead with a Hanker Cheif .

Picture a Corrupt Prison Warden in a Corrupt 3rd world South American Country . <<< Bustamante .

Now I just Assume , Ya All are famaliar with Comrade Arnold ? Be aware Arnold is at War with the Machine ! Just like, in his Movies !

Ok Franchise Tax Board <<, These are the people , that Intercept Income tax return's , on Delinquet child support .
They are also empowerd by the State of California , too go directly intoo your Bank Account , and empty it . Under the Vise of over due child support .

I Paid 19 year's . 2 kidds ! Between Job's ? Injured ? If you fall behind on a Payment . Typically they would call you in . You'd make a deal too catch up , your over due child support . Say xtra 50 a week ?

So Then you'd write say your House Payment check ! The Check would Bounce ! Why ? Cause Franchise Tax board , has gone in and emptied your bank account ! <<, Even tho you made a deal too catch up at 50 Buck's a week !

These People dont have too Ask Nobody Nothin , Or even Inform you that they Emptied your Bank account . Even if the Amount they say you Owe them is Inccorrect !

Only Recourse is too Prove it ! Then they will send you a Letter Reflecting that they have Credited your Account, the amount that youve proven they took as an over payment . <<, Mean's you dont get your money back !

Ok Calif . is the 6 th Largest Economy in the World . << Keep this in mind !

Ok Comrade Arnold has now signed intoo law . That all over Due DMV Fee's , will be Collected By the Franchise Tax Board .

Are ya starting too understand me Now Son ? 2+2 =$$$$$$$ Basically , he has empowerd the DMV / AKA Franchise Tax Board too totally Access the Income tax return's and Bank Account's of any one in the State of Calif. Who has a Registerd Car , and or Possesses a Driver's Liscense ?

Now Ive been dealin , with these people 19 year's . Ruined Credit ! Empty Bank Account's ! Intercepted Income Tax Return's . False Claim's of Money's Owed etc. All under the Guise of Child Support !

Every time Ive dealt with the Franchise Tax Board on the Phone . It has been with brokin English speaking Indian's In India . Now your argueing with Foreign People in a Foreign Country, over ???? $$$$$$$

As of the first of the Year 2007 . New Law went intoo affect . Any one who posses a Drivers Liscense will be searched by computer thru your insurance companies , too make sure you have Insurance Coverage . If Not Your Liscense will be Suspended !

Fairly new Law . Im not up on all the Specific's ! But my understanding here . Is if you Allow your Insurance too Lapse . Or are Cancelled by your Insurance Company . Your Driver's Liscense will be Suspended !

Now it's my Understanding . That in order too Reinstate your Driver's Liscense . You will be Required Too Buy Special insurance, policy $$$$$

Article I read Compared it too a SR-22 Policy. Wich is what they use too Make DUI Conviction's Purchase .

But the article I read . Said that the Insurance Companies , were in the Process of Pandering Special Insurance Policies , For Un Documented Workers / AKA Illegal Alien's in this country Illegally ! << Im not really Sure what they mean by that ?

But I get a sneaky Hunch here . That it mean's Average Joe Blow Citizen Of USA , Will be paying for It ! <<< Just Surmiseing on my Part !

As Too Registering a Hott Rodd ? DMV worker's make up the Rule's As they Go Along . Best Too Know your DMV worker ! As In Does he have a Ride of his Own ? ETC. It's your Best Bett , Too Gettin a Hott Rodd Legal !

I Could Go on 50 Pages ++++++ On the Subject of Calif Law . Communism ! State Constituion V.S. USA Constituion .

But Im Personally Scared , / Paranoid ! As I live In So Cal wich is now a Police State ! We are Under Seige by the State of California ! Make No doubt about it .

Personally Cant wait too See what Happen's Next ! Im thinkin all you, Letter of the Law and Order Type's that beat the Dead Beat, Dad, Band Wagon Drumm ?? Are fixin too Get Some of your own Medicine !!$$$$$

Im thinkin it's Hillarious ? No Greater Evil is Committed , than that wich is Committed in the Name Of Righteousness !!!

Lord Smith >> Power Corrupt's ! Absolute Power , Absolutely Corrupt's !! Im thinkin 1894 << Not sure on that Date / I put a Lott of Numbers in my Head ! Most, are Useless Rhetoric !

Sorry This Is Hott Rodd , Forum Not Political Science or Philosophy 101 . Just thought you should Know !

Sean

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Sean's said:
Ok Comrade Arnold has now signed intoo law . That all over Due DMV Fee's , will be Collected By the Franchise Tax Board .

Are ya starting too understand me Now Son ? 2+2 =$$$$$$$ Basically , he has empowerd the DMV / AKA Franchise Tax Board too totally Access the Income tax return's and Bank Account's of any one in the State of Calif. Who has a Registerd Car , and or Possesses a Driver's Liscense ?

Sean
That the FTB is also a collection agency has been a reality for years. The franchise tax board will hit your tax refund for the amount that you owe. (Government code sections 926.8, and 12419)
I know those numbers because I didn't pay registration on one of my dirtbikes back in '98.
The FTB hit my refund for the amount.

I'm not crying. I could have filled out a non op and it would have cost me very little. I didn't pay attention and it cost me.

So, Seans,....you were ordered by a judge to pay child support to the kids that you fathered.

Then you chose not to pay.

Someone who had the authority to get your kids money from you, did so.

Now you are mad about it?

If California is so evil and bad then why are you still here?

Tell us what it is that keeps you living in such unbearable oppression.

I'm here because I like the weather, the roads, the mountains, the coast, the availability to everything I need to do my business. If a guy is enterprising, he can prosper in California. Even with following the rules.

If you follow the rules California isn't a bad place to be.

I know that other states are only slightly more tolerant of people who want to live on the fringe and ignore the rules.

And the Feds really don't care which state you live or hide in. If those guys have your number, your movie is over.

My experience with the Franchise Tax Board wasn't bad.
I took over a business from my partner with 6 years of unfiled tax returns and 6 years of unpaid corporate taxes. ( I should have been a little more proactive in the corporate affairs of the company, instead of thinking it was all taken care of)

With only minimal effort and some help from a good tax man, (NOT a corporate attorney), and good communication with several FTB agents, I was able to pay the back taxes, (many of them had been reduced by the FTB and the penalties waived through an amnesty program), and was given enough time to pay it that it didn't break me.

I'm glad I did. I kept the name, and the business, and don't have to hide in order to do so.

I guess I could have moved to Nevada instead, but I really don't like the weather there.

Later, mikey

·
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!
299 Posts
I like sean :thumbup:
I understood that earlier post too ;)

At least here in Ohio the last set of politicians did something right and got rid of those awful smog checks. Unfortunately we voted a bunch of leftists into office this time around and I bet they are looking into the checks again -they are looking for money anywhere they can get it.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Well we can all look forward to more emissions regulation it sounds like. Even oil-man bush was talking about it in his SOTU speech. Ha ha, how's flip-flopping now, lol.

But people who blindly tow party lines aside, I think we're all for reduced emissions and less pollution, we just don't want to be taken advantage of financially in the process-

K

1 - 20 of 34 Posts