Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after many many years. Finally built my dream garage. For my first build, a fun different type of project. Converting a aero 1963 L 29 jet into a running driving car.

The plan is, where the front landing gear mounts, 4 string positions. That can handle 8,000 pounds of force. Create a custom plate to attach to those 4 spots. Than a flat bracket coming off. I plan on buying a 4" 38 Ford drop axle with spring over. Than a wishbone to the middle where thier is an aluminum I beam for strenth. A sprint car style steering gear with pitman arm out the side.

For drive train. Laser cut a 1/2 steal plate 4' diameter mount to back of plane Than early bronco frame engina trans. Make automatic and use it in front wheel drive. So motor is over axle. Basically cheap version of trans axle.

Hook up breaka shifter lights away I go

So far I stripped the body power washed and paint stripped really bad paint. Picked up motor trans and a donor frame. Fabricator coming this week

Thanks for any and all help,

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, thanks for response, yah I hope to.complete plane by springtime. Yah garage is a two part garage. It's in the show room section back is the shop that im bringing it into once lincolns breaks are done. Only pic I have of garage shows the whole back yard with garage in backround

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts