Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was hoping u guys could give me a little help on a starting size for my carb jets. i have a 77 chevy half ton short bed truck. it has 8 in lift 38 in tires 1 ton axles with 456 gears and the 1 ton nv4500 5spd man tranny. the engine is a mark 4 454 w the dish top pistons 781 heads w 2.19 1.88 valves. i put the mr gasket 18to20ths compressed steel shim head gaskets on it the heads are shaved around 40thsnds i figure ill have a 7.5to1 or 8 to 1 motor. cam is a comp xe 268 hydraulic flat tappet, edelbrock rpm air gap intake roller tip rockers and headers w flowmasters. the carb is a holley 670 truck avenger w vac sec. i had to jet it down a little when i put it on the org. 350 that i jst pulled out of this truck. this truck will b used to drive on the street and tow my rockcrawler. i also wanted to know what spark plugs i should run and if anyone thinks this combo will make arnd 400 hp and close to 500tq. this is my first big block so i went w what seemed proven and realitively mild biuld any answers and opinoins will b appreciated. i am not lost as a engine biulder and have biult many small block chevys this big block is just new ground to me and i want to do it right

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.