Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give a rough idea how much it would cost to Jethot coat two stock exhaust manifolds. I'm thinking about $200, does that sound like I'm in the ballpark or is it a lot more.

secondly, does anyone have a good recommendation for a way to restore exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
654 Posts
$200 sounds like a good guess. I am sure they would give you an estimated price.

As for restoring exhaust manifolds about 12 years ago I sandblasted a set from a '65 'vette then used Eastwood high temp cast iron paint. The sandblasting wasn't severe enough to change the surface of the manifold they were just cleaned up. Suprisingly they still look good but the car doesn't get much use.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone else have experience with the Eastwood products, if so which ones. I checked their web site and they have two different kinds of exhaust coatings. One looks like a high temp paint and the other looks like a brush on coating, and then there is one which is a coating followed by a high temp paint. So the question is, which one to get.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd say closer to $300 for the Jethot. Depends on if you are doing the inside too. My 4 cylinder headers are $165 inside and out.

As for Eastwood, the high temp paint is no better than Duplicolor that you can get at the local parts store, and duplicolor comes in a wider variety of colors. Be sure to use a high temp primer as well.

The manifold dressing (brush on) is nice, but not very fancy looking. For my uses it really doesn't matter because the headers are wrapped in header tape.

Sandblasting has never failed me when refinishing headers, or any other metal part for that matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts