Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah Figured out how too Post a New thread !
Deal is I have nothin too say, after 3 mos. ?

So thought I might share this ! Old Desert trick with you guy's ! Ive used this trick off and on over year's ,in a Lott of Application's . An Old Cowboy showed me this !

On Runnin 2 Core Radiator's when you need 5 Core ! Runnin Old radiator's , that dont cool right Etc. Or just wanting too Runn triple digit's across the floor of Death Valley Ca. pullin a, loaded horse trailer ? What ever , the problem may be ? This trick has helped me out a Bunch over the Year's !

Here's what you do .
Any car or Truck that has a windsheild wiper, washer . Or any wiper washer container ,that can be mounted in the engine compartment .
As in I have one I keep around ? <, Just for Said purposes !
But we would Buy 5 ft of Vaccum line , 2 ft of Copper tubeing Same diameter .
Drill like 5 Small pin holes in Copper tubeing , Hook your Wiper washer tank up Too the Tubeing , Wallah Radiator Mister !
Just tie the Copper Tubeing across the Front of the Radiator .
Heat gauge, start's gett's up there ? You push wiper washer Button . Mist the Radiator . Heat gauge slowly come's back down !
I Rann a 2 Core Radiator on a 429 PI motor in a F-100 for 6 mos. once utilizeing a mister like this . Then bought a 5 Core .
I drove a 1974 LTD, that rann hot, from Las vegas Nev Too Bullhead City Ariz In a 118 Deg. Heat . Useing a mister like this .
Actually bought the Part's for this, Mister in Walmart Gardening section .
Just use your brain ? Extreme fluctuation's , in engine Temp's can feasibly , Cause you too blow head gasket if over used ? Or used improperly !
On Fords or any motor's with Dizzy up front . << Dont want too place mister so that the engine fann , suck's moisture back on the dizzy .
Take's 15 minutes too fabricate !
Sure saved me , a lott of hassle , over the year's , dealin with old junk car's !
High dollar 5 core radiator's etc.
Just thought I might Share Some wreckin, yard know How ! With rest of You .
In Old day's , when being chased By T- Rex across dessert ? Was a great way too keep from blowin a motor while runnin triple digit's, in 118 Deg. heat ?
I once Pulled a 23 Ft Tri Hull Boat , with a 1981 4 cyl Toyota Pick up . From L.A. Too Colorado River . Usin a Mister ! :D
Sean

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
Seems like a good temporary fix.
This would be more expensive and probably somewhat dangerous but have you thought about propane, butane, or nitrous oxide. They all come out a lot cooler than under hood heated washer fluid.

But my idea sounds like a rolling bomb in the making.

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
5,659 Posts
You could use something like compressed nitrogen. If you remember boyle's law, that gas coming out of the tank will be super cool, like on the order of 115f degrees cooler than ambient air if it starts out at 1500 psi. Plus its inert so it doubles as a fire suppressant :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
curtis73 said:
You could use something like compressed nitrogen. If you remember boyle's law, that gas coming out of the tank will be super cool, like on the order of 115f degrees cooler than ambient air if it starts out at 1500 psi. Plus its inert so it doubles as a fire suppressant :)
A lot of turbo guys use CO2 misting setups, or just spare bottles of nitrous oxide (which is a bit silly and a waste of good nitrous).

http://www.cryo2.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=1

Not *nearly* the low budget way however.

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
Okay,
Everyone from the second post on down.
Instead of going thru all the trouble and expense, rigging
Co2, nitrogen, propane, butane, etc.

Just go get another radiator :D -----one that will work

You guys crack me up-----kinda remind me of Dr. Emmet Brown
(Christopher Lloyd--Back to the Future)

Remember his ice machine in the third movie??? :D

Bryan

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
Im pretty sure its been a joke from the second post down. At least I hope. I dont use smiley faces when I type so it may be hard to tell when I am kidding. I should start using smiley faces. :drool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts