Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a hotrodder and drag racer's daughter. Grew up with so many fond memories at the track and sitting on a stool in the garage watching a car being built. We are awaiting the passing of my father and so many thoughts are running through my mind but one stands out and begs to be answered. I'm hoping someone in this forum can help answer.

My father is Jim Millett, Bedford, Nova Scotia originally from Windsor and Fairview, Nova Scotia. He has owned and built a few hot rods, was the driver/founder of a drag car group called the Cluster Busters- which founded drag racing on the old Maitland air strip - yes that was before Junior Hanley. Dad has been touted as the first guy in NS to chop a roof and was most recently guest of honor at a seminar held on that topic at the Nova Scotia Community College. An honor he held with great pride.

For years he has talked about the 1940 Ford he chopped and expressed a wish to have that car back - it was the one he married Mom in. Although we are unable to complete that wish it would be wonderful to locate and talk to the man who owns it. As far as we know a man named Walt Bernier (?), who was in the forces, and retired to Ontario owns this car. If anyone has any leads on this I would appreciate you sharing your knowledge. Gosh it would be nice to let him know we found it befored he passed. Thank you, Joanne

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Hope you have some luck tracking down the car and owner. Sorry I can't be of any actual help.

However, as a moderator here let me suggest that you edit your original post to take out your personal email and instead just ask people to PM (Private Message) you. You can than alter your settings under the "User CP" tab so that you get an email from us every time you get a PM.

Unfortunately, there are spammers out there who have automated software to go through large forums like ours to harvest email addresses and then sell them to mega-spammers. That is one of the reasons we offer the PM alternative. So we suggest to all members that they not include their private email addresses anywhere in their posts.

Again, good luck with your search for the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.