Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm lookin' to learn.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an interview for a new position at work today.
I was informed a few days ago it would be a series of interviews conducted by a few different people in a one-on-one setting. To make the story short the "interview" was conducted by 10 different people at 20-30 minutes each... made for a long day. Hope I never have to go through that again as it was a little taxing on the nerves.
I will know tomorrow if the job is mine. More money, more responsibility and more problems to deal with. Big bonus is that its a Monday to Friday job. Would give me more time with family and to work on the rod. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Good luck man!:thumbup: I only had 1 job interview so far and it took them 2 weeks to get back to me so I thought I'd lost it already....
Hope it works out,

Mike

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Huckster Had an interview for a new position at work today.
Man, it sounds like you're applying to be Prime Minister?

·
Registered
202 Posts
i quit my last job.. because of the way i was treated and accused of doing stuff.. and they were making assumptions of me.. not cool so i left..

well anyway ive put tons of apps out.. and still unemployed..

Nos

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts
dinger said:
Man, it sounds like you're applying to be Prime Minister?

In this country, that job doesn't take any skill..................just be a lying thief and you've got it made.

Sorry, had to vent.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Hukster, look at the process this way: First they thought enough of your past work efforts to consider you for the promotion. Second, the decision is going to be made by committee with 10 individuals doing the interviewing (good and bad). And last, if you are not selected, go back to each of the interviewers, thank them for considering you for the promotion and ask what can you work on to make your self the best qualified the next time around. Whatever you do , don't complain or whine about not being selected or saying you are better than the one they did select. Also, it's a good ideal to congratulate the person selected and let him/her know that you are going to support them all the way. Now you have built on the groundwork you already have installed and each of the people will be noticing you for future promotion

Trees

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey man, I know how you feel...
I applied for a promotion at AT&T wireless and had to do one, very LOONNGG interview (~2 hours)

I found out the day I left for L.A. that I got the job, and start on Monday... (No more phone jockey for 68 - i'm handling Credit Card fraud from now on baby!!!!)
If you're confident and tell them what they want to hear, you're a shoo in man! - Good luck!

·
I'm lookin' to learn.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:( Still haven't heard yet about the job. My boss had told me the "big meeting" would be conducted and the winning candidate selected yesterday morning. Was also told I'd be told ya or nay. The boss was on our unit for a short stint yesterday but nothing was mentioned. Kinda worries me. I'm not the hounding type so I have not phoned or approached her for the interview commitee's decision. Oh well, I will just have to wait and see what happens.

The job position is that of Unit Nurse Manager and entails supervising 20-24 nurses and support staff as well as ensuring that the 18 patients on the unit receive safe care. Its a big move for me if I can get it and it will open the doors to greater opportunities later.

Keeping my fingers and eyes crossed for luck...will post again when I find out what's going on.:)

·
At a loss for words
364 Posts
Good luck to you! Just be glad you are switching positions within a company. My least favorite thing to do is tell an employer that I'm done working for them! :pain:

·
I'm lookin' to learn.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the call today...

Unfortunately my luck holds true and I was passed over. I was informed that it was an experience issue (or lack there of) that eliminated me from the running.
Was told however that I was "very strong in my interviews and that I will be seriously considered in the future for other management positions as I have demonstrated great potential."

So while I'm disappointed :( :( :( greatly, I guess that's the way the hampster wheel spins and its back to the salt mines for me. Better luck next time I guess. Definitely was a learning experience.

Thanks for all the encouragement you guys gave me, always appreciated.:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts