Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone on here cares but The Ramones were heros to me when I was young and now my 8 yr old daughter is a fan.

The Ramones ignited my passion for music at a young age and helped lead to my acceptance of the fact that I was somewhat different than the other kids and it was OK to not fit in.

I guess it also makes me feel a little old. Yah, he was 10 yrs older than me but it still sucks when your musical heros keep dying. Oh well, at least the Ramones will never become a bad joke like the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith.

Gods speed Johnny.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That sux man, I grew up in the NY punk scene and spent many nights watching them play. He'll be missed.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
I have always been and will always be a big Ramones fan....
Here is a link to the story.
Later,
WEIMER

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
weimer, yer justa linkin fool.

love the ramones! they are what turned on Bad Religion, Offspring, Everclear, Pennywise etc. i love this new punk revival that's been going on for years but finally became mainstream. tells you about their talent. unfortunately, the ramones were one of the only bands i ever walked out on during a show. in concert every song sounded the same after about the first five. might have been just lousey sound men or equipment, because the venue was the best i've ever been at: Mud Island in Mempho. are you all getting the messege: have your prostate checked after age 45? it aint no fun, tha's fo sho. Here's to havin a big green thumb, up you know where:thumbup: I'll have to break out my ramones t shirt and wear it for a week straight. rock in heaven johnny!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Grew up a punk and still am at heart. You just cant look it when you are a 7th grade teacher. First we lose Joey, then Dee-Dee, and now Johnny goes. I suppose Tommy and Marky are all thats left. I always loved that JOhnny could never play the guitar, only using down strokes and bar chords for every song. THat was the true punk ethic. He knew he was not good, but he was good enough and still did great work. Rest in peace Johnny.

"When I watch the 5 oclock news, I dont want to grow up, Comb their hair and shine their shoes, I dont want to grow up"

I suppose the boys never did grow up, and I liked em for it.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Oh well, at least the Ramones will never become a bad joke like the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith.
:nono: :D Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts