Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a 1965 Pontiac grand Prix project that i have been working on since approx 8- 10 plus years, the car was owned and well loved by a late serviceman stationed @ Luke AFB out here in phoenix ,az. the car was taken over by his uncle after his passing who drove it for a few years till it developed a rear seal leak and was parked out on his az desert property for well over 20 years till the town restrictions forced his land to be cleared of all unsightly debris that's how i came into owner ship i was checking out different cars he had for sell and i saw the 65 sitting way out in the distance almost out of sight out as i was getting ready to leave, i checked out the car and found it was a numbers matching complete straight rust free Pontiac :) needless to say being a formal 68 b body Pontiac owner from Detroit i had to have this car paid 400. dollars for the car pick it up a few days later on a rain soaked day the big *** grand Prix barely fit that u haul car trailer but made it home started stripping it down the next day over10 and one heart attack followed by double by-pass years ago!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
welcome J.

hopefully your doing fine now.. and '65 is a really nice project and being rust free (mid atlantic so what does that mean?) car to start with is great.
don't u have snow and they salt everything one time to last 3 yrs.
ours are rust free too... after u replace the quarters and floors..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this Pontiac was sitting on my friends fathers 5 acre desert property outside of phx,az. light surface rust only couple holes to patch panel the car it sat mostly on its exhaust mufflers and rocky ground surface ,never wrecked and all stock parts in tacked !on vehicle, all numbers match machine we dragged the car from its resting spot on a cold rainy winter in the desert day! , heavy big car barley fit the u haul !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts