Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit, I have already started another thread asking a question, before introducing myself…my sincerest apologies for that blunder.

Anyway, I am 39 years young with a great wife of two years and three days (still feel like newly weds if you couldn't tell by the inclusion of the days)

I have three step children, that all are falling in line to be wrench turners and gear heads. The middle one, my son, has always had an interest in racing, but the two girls were more reluctant about cars until I got onto the scene. Now I have the oldest girl fighting/arguing with her brother about who gets to race first, as well as gets the first project car to build.

My wife has even caught the auto bug, wanting a classic to build as well.

I have always loved hot rods, but from the encouragement of my wife (at the time, girl friend) I got into modifying a 4x4 Toyota, which we have almost completed.

I have limited experience in the garage area, what I do know has been mostly self-taught. So I am sure I will have a great deal to learn from everyone, but that is not to say I won't have anything to contribute. Like I said I have loved cars all my life and other than baseball knowledge, car facts, seem to stick to my gray matter better than anything else. I have the basics down pat, just need a bit (okay, a lot) of refinement. I have always been the handy man type, able to solve almost any problem presented in front of me, so hopefully this will help me contribute.

I'll try to stay out of the way, just please have patience with me though!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome,

The automotive hobby is a great family activity so it is great yours is involved. Alas, our children are older now so we are building our first coupe.

Have fun and if you have any questions please ask. There are many knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Advance Design, you are so right…

You are so right about hot rodding being a good family activity. All three of our kids are my step kids, and just being around me and my offroading activities have brought the kids closer to me, especially since I try to include them with everything. I know that doesn't make much sense, but hopefully you get the idea.

Also thank you for making me feel welcomed, I noticed you took the time to reply to both of my first post here. I will definitely keep you in mind when I come up with questions I will surely have once "I get knee deep in it"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts