Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dose anybody know if a 1974 pontiac 400 big block would fit in to a pontiac acaidian i all ready know that the fire wall just may be pushed back a bit but also will the tranny fit a th-400 one with a short tail housing and my other one is a th-400 with a long tail housing and i know the cross member with be moved back but all this is it possible?

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
welcome.....moved thread to "general rodding tech"...

I have seen a big block Chevy in a Chevette, so anything is possible. I would plan on buliding a full frame in the car to support all that motor.

BTW...what year Acadian...60s(Chevy11) or 80s(Chevette)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
poncho62 said:
welcome.....moved thread to "general rodding tech"...

I have seen a big block Chevy in a Chevette, so anything is possible. I would plan on buliding a full frame in the car to support all that motor.

BTW...what year Acadian...60s or 80s?

62-67 acaidian, i also have seen a big block in a chevette my friend put a 427 big block chevy into a chevette for a friend of his sweet car steering sits in the center of the can now

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
I think you would have better luck with a SB Chevy....Pontiac motor is pretty wide and would hit the shock towers. Your steering would also be a major problem. At least with the Chevy motor, you can get factory parts to remedy the steering gear problem.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
What an Acaidian? Is that the one that looks like a Nova? Is it RWD? What engine does its have in it now? You may have to do a lot of fab work to get it to fit if it was a 4banger before.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
An Acadian was a Chevy 11 lookalike that was sold here in Canada at Pontiac dealers. They also had Beaumonts that looked like Chevelles. I had a 68 Beaumont....

There were minor trim differences, but the came with the same Chevy power trains. My Canadian pontiac also has Chevy frame and drivetrain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know that the acaidian is the canaidian version of the amrican chevy 2 but i figured it was something diffrent to go with i wanna be diffrent not like everyone out there with the same toys .

Tazz- i was kinda looking for a roll and chassis minus engine and tranny but i really was hoping it might have fitted but if it cant it cant right mabe go other style of pontiac bigger engine engine bay i want to do something with the 400 big block

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
That picture poncho put up looks like a 68 or 69 Chevelle?? The Chevy II is a nove sized car, not a Chevelle sized car.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
tm454 said:
That picture poncho put up looks like a 68 or 69 Chevelle?? The Chevy II is a nove sized car, not a Chevelle sized car.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

The car in the pic is a Beaumont.............Same as a Chevelle.

The Acadian is similar to the Chevy 11............didn't have a pic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey kevin 45 those are some sweet pics of a acaidian is it yours or you found it on the net

1 - 12 of 12 Posts