Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Running on empty
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I've been watching and reading this sight for about a year now and after rebooting the old computer and reinstalling all my programs again for the umptenth time, I decided that I would finially join.

I've been told that I like to talk and to that I can agree, if I have something to say I will say it , if I can offer advise I do, but when it comes to talking about myself I'm not that good, so here goes.

I'm an old hippe whos been married to the same lovely woman for 33 years. We have one daughter,who is 23 and JUST moved out of the house. I have worked on cars almost all of my life. I can remember watching my uncle, whom I lived with, take a 51 chevy 216 all apart and put it back together and it ran. That always amazed me, I guess I was around 9-10 at that time and that was the beginning.

I'm not going to bore you with every car I've had or all the gory details about them, I' ll just mention a few. 55 Chevy, 54 Chevy ragtop, 59 Plymouth, 61 Buick Invicta droptop, 65 Ply,57 Dodge, 65 Malibiu SS,70 Firebird and several others in between. So by that list you can see I like all cars not chevy and not just ford, but all cars, Which brings to my latest , 55 Ford F100, running a 87 IROC drivetrain, hence the name IROC100.

My personal stuff, owned my own archery shop for 18 years, for those of you that hunt and know what I'm saying , measurer for B&C, P&Y, and was vp for the New York Big Buck Club. One of the things that I'm most proad of is, for 6 years I was allowed to go in our school and teach the EDDIE EAGLE gun safty program and know for the last 10 years have I run a car show for our DARE program.

Well there you have it a little about me. Someday I'll tell about the 55 f100, this is a special truck.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Great to have you here. I look forward to you sharing your knowledge with us. Which of those cars do you wish you kept?

Incidentally, those kids never stay away. Our twins are 32 and our son is 27 and they have all come back to live with us over the years. In fact one daughter is here now!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.