Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am guessing it is on old paper and you shelaced it on to the piece of wood? Looks nice not sure what your asking tho.

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am guessing it is on old paper and you shelaced it on to the piece of wood? Looks nice not sure what your asking tho.
It's a scan of an old newspaper and a scan of an old photograph. I used a printout of the newspaper scan glued that to a board from an old barn I tore down and then transferred the ink from a printout of the photo scan on top of it. The last part of the process is to seal it. The shine on the sealer makes it hard to take a good photo of it. There is more to the process than I told you but that would take more typing.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
That's pretty darn cool! At first I thought it was just an old news paper print, I didn't realize you had imposed the photo on top. I'll bet it looks even better up close in person. Very cool!

·
Grand Prix user
5,407 Posts
Sounds like an interesting technique. Closest thing to a critique I can offer is maybe a coat of semi gloss or flat rattle can furniture polyurethane would make it easier to view, in person or through a lens, due to the texture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts