Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Rick. To begin I'll tell a quick story that'll explain why I'm here:

My grandfather built a '62 Ranchero around 1986. He did some work to it (along with some friends of his) and modded the car quite a bit. The car then sported a 302, C4, and limited slip rear from a '65 or '66 Mustang (rear was from something else, I think). I was given the car from my grandfather when I was 15 (1994). I went away to the Marine Corps in January of 1998, the car not running. As it turns out, the winter had been cold enough that it was the cause the car didn't run. The car was taken out back of my grandfather's clutch factory so noone bothered it. Unfortunately, while I was gone, the car had been vandalized, hit with a forklift, and just plain messed up. The car is still behind his factory right now (no place to put it), but in the spring will be back here at my house. I will then begin working on the car, to include the following:

5.0 HO from '87-'93 Mustang GT (unsure of carb or EFI yet)
Built AOD tranny (already acquired)
8.8 rear w/3.73" gears from '87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (already acquired)
Leather Mustang Cobra Seats
Digital Guages (Dakota Digital or Cyberdyne)
New carpeting for interior and bed

Those are the larger of the mods that I will be performing. I am here simply because I've never done anything like this, and will most likely need help with technical issues I will be facing. In closing, I look forward to chatting with everyone, and if anyone's near Jonesburg, MO, give me a holler and maybe we'll party one night. ;)

Rick

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Welcome to the board. There is no better place on the web to get help on a project like that then here. PLEASE start a journal and post updates on your project so we can join in on the fun!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to keep a journal the best I can, but I'm not the best at keeping track of things. LOL :) The project will hopefully start soon. The engine I was supposed to get has fallen through, so I'm looking to trade my '86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe for a built 302 or even a complete donor car if anyone has one. If everything still goes as planned, the project should take off in the late spring or early summer. :)

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts