Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
She rides great and.........

With 440 ponys under the hood and 370 rear axle ratio she should be very quick. I didn't build the car to race but it's strong enough to take the punishment if I chose to. I'll soon have enough miles on it to get my foot in it occasionally, ya hoooooo. For now I'm content to listen to the deep sound of the Flowmasters and 2 1/2" pipes while cruisin' the highways, and you should hear the wicked idle....... joy to my ears.

Keep checkin my Gallery since I'm posting new pic's every few days. I'll keep you guys posted.

Jim

Wow Looks great! Since a teenager I've never lost my passion for the primer stage. Looks great finished..but my favorite shot is the on with you and the cab primered. Kind of your first look at what you've got after doing the body work..

Thats two coats of Southern Polyurethanes 2K Hi Build primer. I blocked that down with 180 grit and then went to 2K regular build, blocked that down with 280 grit, then more 2K regular build and then blocked with 400 grit, then three coats of PPG base and three coats MS clear, then blocked with 1500 wet, then 2000 wet, then buffed with Meguiars products in three stages. The pictures don't really reveal just how straight, flat, and wet looking it really is. Thanks for checking my gallery.
Jim

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Wow! That is nice! I like your paint booth, goes to show a do-it-yourselfer can get nice results. I hope my 36 turns out that nice. :thumbup: Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.