Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if we have a wide arrangement of Dukes of Hazzard fans on the board but as some of you might know I am a huge fan.
I've never seen the topic come up too often on the board.

I heard there's a movie coming out soon about them but I'm not sure if those are just rumors.

Ever since I saw the first episode I was hooked. Dont you wish you had an orange 1969 Charger RT with a rebel flag on the top?

:thumbup: I know I do!

Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm a GM guy through and through, but I have to say that after growing up with the Duke boys, I feel there's just something special about a Hemi Orange R/T Charger.... :thumbup:

I remember playing "The Dukes" with my brother. (He was Luke, and I was always Bo.)

We'd "hood slide" over the top of the picnic table in the back yard, and slide in the window.(over the tables' seat), and tear off over the 32 car jump.

Ah the good ol' days.....

Interesting related link....
http://www.moviemopars.www6.50megs.com/doh/general.html

Don's Chevy Shop Forums

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jessica simpson is palying daisy, and I want to say they got willie nelson to play uncle jesse, but I forget who else. Not sure how I feel about it, but it couldn't be any cornier than the show, (it was one of my favorites, but you all know what I mean)
Shaun

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
71 I know what you mean by cornie... I mean I watched it religously as a kid...but now its kinda like admitting you liked Duran Duran or Adam Ant LOL

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
Ever since I saw the first episode I was hooked. Dont you wish you had an orange 1969 Charger RT with a rebel flag on the top?

:thumbup: I know I do!

Mike [/B]

considering the fact that they destroyed a ton of those cars while making the series its a lot harder to find one in southern california its a damn shame, never did care for the show:nono:

·
Registered
134 Posts
www.imdb.com, the movie is real, and I dunno how much i like the thought of it, they have some casting choices i dont agree with and they're going to 'update/modernize' the general.... i think its over before it begins

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dukes

As we speak they are filming the new movie right now in Louisiana. Supposed to be real close to Gonzales. I have a guy there that I have been buying Chargers from. He has quite a selection that he buys and re-sales. The Movie company bought 2 from him yesterday. I agree with him once the movie comes out you can add about $5,000 to the price of your charger. I have not even started on the 70 Charger I got from him yet but it's great knowing the price went up without even starting on it.
My friend was hesitating about selling these because of destroying them but he said they "Made an offer he could not refuse". They wanted his General Lee but that was not for sale.

For those interested in about 15 Minutes the TLC channel will have a show on Mopar Muscle cars from the 60's & early 70's.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re-runs are on CMT (country music station) at 9-10 central. I still watch them religiously:thumbup: could it be that Daisy and General Lee just make the perfect combination?:mwink:

Whatever car I get, I'm gonna paint it Dukes style. Probly an 80's Caprice or Cutlass.

Mike

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ghetto Jet said:
9-10 in the morning or at night?
At night:D

Wholy Molly:eek: 240 Dodge Charger R/T's were used during the making of the seasons:eek: only 18 survived and 17 were sold:eek:

Mike

·
Registered
721 Posts
Here's a picture of my 1970 Charger from around the time of the show. It was a 440, 4 speed, R/T. Some friends and I got a wild hair and did the General Lee theme to it. I got some turbine mags not to long after this picture was taken. My wife was playing Daisy. Every time I parked, kids would hang out hoping to see the Dukes, that was weird until some kid called me uncle Jessie and the car got repainted!!:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
even though the Dukes of Hazzard was more of my uncles era, I got to pick up some re-runs when Spike tv used to be the Nashville network. I loved every episode, and believe it or not a ton of people really want there to be more reruns shown, me being one!
YEEEEEEHAAAWWWWWWW:thumbup:

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
68Velle said:
www.imdb.com, the movie is real, and I dunno how much i like the thought of it, they have some casting choices i dont agree with and they're going to 'update/modernize' the general.... i think its over before it begins
Like XXX... they took 7 1967 GTO convertibles (real GTOs) and hacked and cut them up into some movie car that looks good, but the million-and-a-half gauges look retarded, and so does that hoodscoop modified for the flame throwers. Dig the purple though.

Are they going to use a Chryser 300 N (it should be N, germany must not know america's alphabet)? Oh geez, that's sooo not right. Or a '69 Charger "rollin on dubbbbbbzzzz"? Oh puh-leese.

Hollywood sucks. They take the original, then they wreck it. Look at Vanishing point, the original was better, as was gone in 60 seconds, if you take Elanor (68 Shelby 'stang) out.

They use original cars, then wreck 'em, too.

why don't they swing by year one, buy some sheetmetal, and get a custom built chassis built for the job?

stupid..... why can't they just remake it the way it used to be. Sadly, American Racing doesnt build those wheels that were on the General anymore.:(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts