Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a lot of folks, I was intrigued by the scene from Mad Max where Barry and Goose show Max the all black interceptor and some of the lingo therein-"Phase 4 heads...."
So down the rabbit hole I go....
Since there were only 4 of the 72 Ford Falcon Phase 4 cars that were made, what specifically was done to this engine to give it such high accolades?
Obviously most folks don't have the funds to buy an original, but a replica could be done, since I think it was just a modified 351C:cool:

·
More for Less Racer
20,095 Posts
It was just a more modified 4V Quench 351C(similar to what we had here as the Boss 351, solid lifter big valve 4V closed chamber heads and 11:1 compression) along with a few more power and durability mods. Probably something in the range of 60-100 HP better than the Phase III.

Number built = rarity, ….and the mystique that goes with it. In Aussie land the Ford crowd revere the Phase IV Falcon the way Americans do the Boss 429 Mustang, 1970 Hemi Cuda 4-speed Convertible, or 1969 ZL-1 aluminum 427 BBC COPO Yenko Camaro.

This link will tell you some:
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/...becomes-most-valuable-oz-car-sold-at-auction/

http://www.gtho4.com/The-Final-Finest-Phase-1987.pdf

IMO the XA and XB Falcons were much better looking without that goofy pointed, headlight shield nose they put on the Mad Max car.....would have looked so much tougher in the movie without that movie junk on it.

·
Magazines have “ISSUES”
994 Posts
Yes that's a good looking car, got a Chevelle flavor to it. Hands down best looking Falcon I've ever seen.

Pep

·
More for Less Racer
20,095 Posts

·
Magazines have “ISSUES”
994 Posts
Like the red the best, not a big red color fan, but some cars it fits the body lines and style.

As a Chevy guy also, I do give :thumbup: too the big 3 when the starts come together and they get it right.
:D
Pep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts