Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the feeling you get the minute you climb behind the wheel of a vehicle and it feels like your favorite pair of jeans? That's what I got when I bought the truck and aside from the head gasket blowing right after I bought I still had a good feeling about it. It reminds me of many of my old cars from my youth, it just has that smell and feel to it. I decided when I redo it to incorporate features from some of my favorites as kind of a tribute and a little trip down memory lane. In buying these parts I have been getting one good deal after another and the ideas having been coming like crazy and so far my friends have approved, a good omen for sure since some of my ideas for some of my previous projects have met with some cool responses and not the :cool: kind of "cool" either. Last night I was digging around in the garage and came across something in an old beat up box I forgot I had that "sealed the deal" for me that I'm on the right track and this is the "ONE". Stuck in an old carboard box was the Hurst T-Handle I had on the Hurst Dual Gate in my '67 GTO 30+ years ago, my all time favorite "wish I still had it" car, then it was on the Dual Gate I put in my '77 Camaro and also on the factory shifter my new '81 Z/28 4 speed, both top 5 favorites as well. I took it in the house and pulled out my new Hurst shifter for the truck's 5 speed and it has the same 3/8-16 threads. I wasn't going to run a T-Handle but now it's mandatory, I have a very good feeling this is going to turn out to be one very fun ride. :cool:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hippie, you're right about Karma. It's real.When I told my boss I was going to build a hot rod, I asked if it was okay to store some of the parts till I could find a place to work on it. After I had looked for a while, he said, "Heck build it here." Now he says I can store it there when it's done! The Karma part is that out of 3 places I could have gotten a job at the time I was looking, he paid the least, but he just had a real cool attitude about life and work. So, I chose laid back over money, but as it turns out I made a great choice. Karma.

Put that shifter in, Man. You got the Karma going strong! 30 years without getting tossed or lost!? Karma, baby.

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
I still get that warm fuzzy every time I climb into my 79 chev pick-up
(have had it 28 years now)
or if I even get into someone elses 73-80 chev-----just feels like home I guess
mid 60s Chrysler 300 will do it for me too. ---67 300 440/4spd---still my all time favorite.

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.