Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
Kelmark used a Corvair transaxle and transmission. As I recall you need to siphon the oil out and then refill.

·
More for Less Racer
20,943 Posts
O the 60-64 swing arm transaxle, it is bottom front corner facing forward, just below the transmission section mounting face.

I don't know if the '65-69 transaxle center section is the same in that regard though.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
One important detail I didn't mention is that is is a V8 conversion.

That is what Kelmark was known for with Corvair transaxle conversions.. V8 conversions. I am olde: I remember them. A few friends used these units in mid engine SBC sand rails. The 4 speed transmissions in the 1965 and up Corvairs were of the same design as Muncie 4 speeds. Siphon the oil out. Install new oil. As I recall the transmission and differential shared the same oil. A quality hypoid gear oil is needed.

There was a power transfer tube for the transmission that liked to break. It would split open. I fixed a few of them many years ago. I bought parts from Clarks Corvair Company

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.