Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a SBC350 with a Turbo 400 And Edelbrock carb. It currently has no kick down switch and I want to put one in. Any suggestions as to what is the best , easiest and best price ? Thanks

·
Old(s) Fart
6,015 Posts
I’ve got a SBC350 with a Turbo 400 And Edelbrock carb. It currently has no kick down switch and I want to put one in. Any suggestions as to what is the best , easiest and best price ? Thanks
Kind of depends on the car. If it's any car that was optional with a TH400 from the factory, then the "best" and "easiest" route is an OEM switch. If it's not a factory installation, then more info will get you a more useful answer.

·
Old(s) Fart
6,015 Posts
So you just need to rig a switch that closes when the carb linkage is a W.O.T. There are a number of those on the market. Nothing magic here, other than making sure the switch can carry the current. There are several available that bolt right to the E-brock carb.

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,303 Posts
I have done a few of these. I did one on the pedal of a 70 El Camino. I just used a stock switch and fabbed an aluminum bracket to hold it in the right place. When the lever of the pedal came all the way back (pedal down) it rotated the switch. I have also fabbed up brackets to mount them to a Qjet so that they rotate with the throttle bellcrank.

You basically need a momentary on/off switch that activates at or near WOT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.