Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tell me if using a soft plug when pluggin a kickdown cable hole on 350every turbo if you can poke the rod throuhg the soft plug so i dont have to drop thepan and it still not leak

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kickdown cable

Thanks and yes was gonna do away with kickdown cable alltogether just didnt want to drop the pan again have dropped it several times and never took that out but looks lime i am gonna have to again truck is only driven on weekends and down an eighth mile dragstripon occasion but losin tons of fluid out of the hole where it broke the other day

·
Registered
245 Posts
I cut the cable mount right at the flange,and tapped it to 3/8,and screwed a header bolt in flush then put a dab of silicone around it and bolted it back to the trans. Yes I was changing the pan,so I removed the cable internally.

·
bentwings
2,608 Posts
I just got done fixing a broken cut down kickdown plug. Leked TF all over the shop floor. What a mess.

I made a steel replacement tab with a counter bore. filled it with silicone and bolted it on. Problem solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.