Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad always tells stories about racing at the Kahoka, Mo drag strip. I know its not very likely, but does anyone happen to have any pictures of this drag? I'd tossed around ideas about making a collage for him, but as of yet, I can't find any pictures.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Google search

I was just looking at a website the other day that is devoted to drag racing history..lot of those old tracks are now nothing more than a memory..or some broken asphalt in a field somewhere..

I think if a guy did some searching he may come up with that site..

Sorry can't remember any more than that..

OMT

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure when it closed, but its been probably 30 years, I'm guessin. Thanks for the tip, One, I'll check into that. If you guys are interested, my dad used to run a 57 Olds Holiday, J2. He told me that he always used to get his arse kicked by a guy named Arnie Beswick, and never did know why, till he went to a sale that had his car. They took a magnet to check for body filler and it didn't stick anywhere....it was aluminum. From what research I've done, I've found that that was a factory sponsored body, and the next car he ran was for GTO. He told me that the only car he'd seen beat Beswick was a 440 Wedge Mopar.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Kahoka drag strip

In answer to the request about photos of Kahoka drag strip. All of the photos I had were lost when I left for the USMC.. I do remember the sign at the entrance that said Clark County Fair grounds 1962, the old wood bleachers, and the out houses. Went there a lot as well as Alton, Ill. Wish I had more for you on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts