Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, again guys:welcome:. So in my earlier posts I have been wondering how to do things such as install headers and blah blah... But in this post I'm just going to ask "Why?" The past few months I have been hearing a slight knocking/ticking noise coming from my transmission. When I press in on the clutch and engage it, the noise quits. It also will do it if I'm in second gear just creeping along riding the clutch pedal it continues to make that knocking noise!:smash:
I changed out the transmission fluid to see if that would do anything to help it quit, sadly it didn't. Today I was driving and all the suddent the clutch pedal went extremely stiff. It still shifted into gear just fine but it was just hard to press the clutch in. But this isn't an everytime thing, it only happens live every other time I engage the clutch.
I have read others posts and have come to believe that there could possibly be an air bubble in the line since it is hydraulic wich would then mean it needs to be flushed (Idk how to do that). Or it is something like a throw out bearing, but hopefully it's not a clutch slave.

And before I go, if I do indeed have to drop the tranny out would it be wise to replace anyother parts while I'm at it?

Thank you in advanced to all who help me out with this predicament that I have landed in.
God Bless

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
It's probably a clutch binding issue and not a transmission issue given that you have clutch pedal stiffness.. The slave cylinder when you get ready to bleed it has a bleeder screw that uses an allen key and. Prepare for a mess, but it's just like bleeding brakes. Just make sure your partner knows which pedal to press or you'll question if you really know what your doing till you figure out their hitting the brake and not the clutch

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Transmissions don't generally rattle. I suspect you have a clutch issue. I recently had a customer with a Center Force clutch, approximately half the weights were binding up. In a fit, he disassembled the clutch, removed the weights and retaining ring, and the ticking went away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts