Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought everyone who is following my buildup of the 'sledd would like to see the dash all done in finish primer.

HK, after letting the primer dry overnight, I re-shot the whole thing a couple times over during the course of today, and all the filler spots eventually blended in, with no 'ghosting' of the filler outline appearing. I'm using Krylon sandable rattlecan primer, sort of a medium gray shade. I warm the can by running it under the sink water, adjusted as hot as I can stand to keep my hands under it, for about 5 minutes, with another 2 minutes thorough shaking of the can right before spraying.

I guess I need to not be in so much of a hurry to get things primed, and give the spots over the filled areas a full day to dry before shooting the final coats of primer...

Anyways, the pics are on <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/drchop/kustom7.html" target="_blank">Page 7</a> of my website. Here's a teaser shot...

Doc

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
I like it simplicity, finally someone who doesn't have to have a guage for everything. Looks good.

bonuts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, this is for the Kustomsledd on my website, the bodydragging '54 Ford Customline with 472/TH-400 I swapped in. Air ride, flamethrowing custom taillights, tilt nose, etc, etc.

What do ya expect, I got the car for nothing, just promised the kid who gave it to me it'd stay out of the boneyard...

Took a bunch of work to get it that smooth... all the switches and controls are going in the trans tunnel console to be easy to reach.

With the chop and channeling trhe car has, ya can't reach the dash anyways with the 'lawn recliner' driving position...

Doc

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Doc, don't feel to bad, I get all stoked up to get things primerd too. Primer is just one of those big steps that when you reach it you can say "ahhhhh, finally" After a while it gets old and cheap, but its still one of those things that make you feel like you may actually finish the thing.

Looks good. But with a chop like that like you said you won't be huggin the dash. You'll be in the lazyboy position :D

HK

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have just took a tour of your website...very impressive !!!!!!!
I like to see people doing the work themselves.
As far as youe "Lawn Chair Driving Position" I can identify with that.My Hot Rod I am building measures 42" in from ground to top.And I am 6' 4" weigh 225.this makes for a reclining driving position also......But once I get in the seat I have quite a bit of headroom..The Windshield measures 36" tall ..with only a 12" view..You might say this is "raked"
You can view my progress on my site at.

<a href="http://artbyshep.homestead.com/index.html" target="_blank">Art by Shep</a>
Under the heading of "Three wheel car"
Thanks
Shep'

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Shep ]

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Shep ]</p>

·
Registered
313 Posts
You sled project is bad, that thing is damn low. I can't wait to see more pics. Let me know if you need some pinstripes, i can email em to you :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dr Chop like what you are doing to the sled and I can not wait to see it finished.

Shep that 3 wheeler is awsom looks like a cool way to get around

drgnwgn289 how much do you charge for pinstripes?

man there is alot of talented folks on this board :)

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Cool Shep :cool: I like, I like. I've benn wanting to do one of those for quite awhile jsut haven't had the time to try it. I take it it's a motorcycle in the rear for the engine. What bike are you running in it? Give us more pics as you go along. Hot Dog! This is cool stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
38 Special,
You can see more photos on my site.
<a href="http://artbyshep.homestead.com/index.html" target="_blank">

Art by Shep'</a>

And yes it is powered by a Motorcycle engine and drive train.
Shep'

·
Registered
313 Posts
meanmachine, stripes are cheap, nobody really wants em, I'll usually try to get $60-80 for an average size nose and deck combo...if the customer wants somethin really big or some interior stripes its usually no more than $100, but if they only want a little it usually only costs a little...I guess what I'm tryin to say is that it depends...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts