Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've got a 1928 Model A Roadster Pickup which I bought recently. The front end is a mid 80s L300, the front springs are the original and way to heavy for the A, front axle weight on the A is 450KG which is half of the L300. Does anybody know what other springs I could replace the current ones with, ive spoken to Pedders who cant help but knowing that there are a lot of rods using the L300 Im hoping that somebody can point in a direction.

Thanks for your help Graham

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome to Hot Rodders!
I take it an L300 is Mitsubishi van? Here in the states hot rodders don't/wouldn't use that type of suspension system as a donor. Does the L300 have a solid axle or is it independent? If independent, I would try to to have a set of new springs made with a lighter spring rate.

Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Hot Rodders!
I take it an L300 is Mitsubishi van? Here in the states hot rodders don't/wouldn't use that type of suspension system as a donor. Does the L300 have a solid axle or is it independent? If independent, I would try to to have a set of new springs made with a lighter spring rate.

Keith
Thanks for that, yes Mitsi l300 they are quite common on Rods over here. Its an independent front, there's no springs makers left in SA all probably in China now but your right if I cant get something that suits my application then ill contact an interstate spring maker to see if they will make something for me.

Cheers Graham

1 - 4 of 4 Posts