Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 fairlane I would like to put 33" ladder bars with coil over springs on it. Can anyone tell me how to install this? Thanks alot

·
Registered
86 Posts
66 fairlane rr susp

Hello, I just happen to be restoring a 66 or 67 fairelane ranchero at work.
Assuming the rear suspension is the same I'll have a look at it in the next few days to see if I can help. Bye4now :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ladder bars

Go to Art Morrisons web site. They have some tech articles there I think that may help you. It's pretty straight forward. Now a 4 link is a different story! Hope this helps. :thumbup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
If this is ment to be a driver... I would use a more traditional style four bar suspension. Ladder bars tend to bind the rear end virtually eliminating any axle articulation.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Ladders on a leaf car require that the leaves be mounted in a slider to prevent vertical suspension bind. Any ladder set up binds any rear end during body roll since everything is mounted solid.

I suggest Cal Track bars as a better solution.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Latter bars are pretty straight forward to install. Just make sure thats what you really want. Make sure you know the pros and cons.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
If you are going to use coil overs on the Fairlane the upper shock mounting point is not strong enough to hold the vehicle weight. You will have to make a mount to hold the upper end of the coil overs.

I would look into the Wonder Bar rear end that Fatman is offering for the Mustangs (same as yours). See the upper coil over mount he is using and go from there.

Actually that Fatman suspension would be very good in the Fairlane. We were using it back in the middle 60s with quarter elipticals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts