Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
8,629 Posts
ok, i have some questions...i moved to ca. from minn. 25 years ago, had to learn how to paint all over again with the heat we have here. first job i did was way dry, turned out dull, pebbly looking because i didn't lay it on thick enough. i was advised to paint in the morning, before noon. did this, using mostly centari, r&m acrylics, jobs turned out nice. now i'm getting ready to paint my tbucket, haven't painted for 10 years, now i find out no more enamels, lacquers, ca. has banned them. the last job i did was 2 stage, it's neat stuff, what i'm going to have to use again. heat is good? i'll be looking at 90s temps, dry heat. how is the new stuff flow compared to the old? i don't have a lot of area to cover but i don't want to do it twice, this stuff is way expensive. any reccomendations on brands to use, the guy i bought the primer from says he has uno brand, $300 a gallon. makes me afraid to ask how much a quart..lol. less expensive would be nice. thanks, dan

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
8,629 Posts
thanks for the help, guys. i've got the painting down pretty good, the first one that went dry was because the paint was dam near evaporating as it hit the surface, temp was about 100 that day, no humidity. no orange peel, just had no shine, kind of primer look..lol. i used the slow thinner, made no difference. i'm new to the water based stuff, i did one job but it was a good 10-12 years ago. technology i'm sure has changed a few times since. i hope i can find it cheaper, 300 a gallon should come with a spray gun..lol. ca is a cool place to live most of the time but we pave the way for a lot of idiotic laws sometimes. i should have bought the paint when i was in las vegas for the nhra drags a month ago, wish i would have thought of it then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.