Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
woe is me! it was a lovely thing,a bright and smoooooth,straight!!!factory!!!!new door.did'nt have a wave in it.so what did this bonehead[me] do?painted it on probably the worst pollen etc. day of the year!~full of trash!!!![ i dont have an indoor place to paint] and really the wind was not blowinggggg! when i started.man... the paint went on like someone that knew what they are doing did it,oh yeah except for trash between each coat.being fairly pessimistic at this point i'm guessing that no amount of color wetsanding/buffing will help but i dont know that from actual experience.i've got three coats of dupont centari acrylic enamel laid down.should i invest the time in wet sand/buff?help!!!jimm

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4jawchuck,halloweenking,racenuts,howdy! thanks a lot guys for the encouragement/advice!i appreciate both i'm painting doors[2] and hood under my house but the pollen from the oaks is not be believed here in arkansas.so, i'm going to wait before painting the body,luckily there is no top[k5 blazer with the top off]i've already started doing what you all suggested as regards color sand/buff and it looks like i will only have acouple of spots that iwont be able to erase,and thats because i'm scared to sand or buff through[that dang paint's expensive!]thanks again and when i finish this project i'll try to get pictures where you can view them[suicide bug tracks included]see ya!jimm

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aieeeee chihuaha !!! hubba hubba ! i sanded it w/1200[and sanded it and sanded it] then buffed with 1200 finishing com[pound, then 2000 compound,holy mackerel andy!thanks guys for the encouragement!halloweenking thanks for the makeshift booth idea,i am all fired up to build a shop[two parts ,1/2 mech.,1/2 paint room]anyway the enormous!! amount of trash is 99.95% gone and the door has set some tough standards for the rest of the vehicle,see ya! jimm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.