Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, Just found this site and think its great, My hot rod is a 29 2dr sedan, 350/700, just purchased 3-2's (rochesters) on offy setup and im in the process of installing it. If I run into problems I'll make a post. again love the site. Lance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, maybe you could answer something for me that just came up today, I got my 3 carb setup from vintage speed and the scoops that I ordered must have been made for 97's, the side set screw miss's the short lip on my Rochester's so they put a small set screw lower on the front.
The problem is, I think because of the short lip on the Rochester the scoop could easily vibrate off. I was going to put another set screw on the other side but the carb has a notch on the lip, no place for it to seat. I would like to utilize the center screw by putting a bar across the scoop but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already makes a such a devise. (by the way.. are the scoop supposed to face forward or back? I've seen them both ways)
Lance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts