Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A Half Crippled Old SOB....
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on Fathers Day 2004 my son gave me a 78 Cadillac for the 425/400 mtr/trans combo for Large Marge. Joe,Jr for the past 2 years has always gave me [email protected] about NOT having it running. Well on Christmas this year(2006) I decided it was time to fire that mother up. with smiles on our faces we && open exhaust we hooked up a battery, poured some gas down the carb & on the 1st she fired up :D :D :D :D :D &&&& Here's THE VIDEO, enjoy.....joe

MERRY CHRISTMAS SON.............Dad

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's got to be one of the best sounds a hot rodder can hear. The heartbeat of a new build. It's been a long time since I fired up a new motor. I hope to hear that sound this summer.

Congrats and awesome luck on your build. She sounded really good!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Makes me want to go home & work on mine to fire it up after sitting for the past 5 years! Fresh gas? Check. Charged battery? Check. Exhaust hooked up? Nah, who needs exhaust when it's just a little firing up session.
What is " LARGE MARGE"?? Looks like an old Suburban type of vehicle. :confused:

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
37year old kid said:
Makes me want to go home & work on mine to fire it up after sitting for the past 5 years! Fresh gas? Check. Charged battery? Check. Exhaust hooked up? Nah, who needs exhaust when it's just a little firing up session.
What is " LARGE MARGE"?? Looks like an old Suburban type of vehicle. :confused:
1948 Chevy 1 ton school bus. at least that's what I remember it is anyway, might be a suburban

·
A Half Crippled Old SOB....
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
matt167 said:
1948 Chevy 1 ton school bus. at least that's what I remember it is anyway, might be a suburban

ding, ding, ding, ding we have a winner :thumbup: :thumbup: .
48 chevy school bus(based on a 1ton panel) from somewhere in northwest kansas for St Mary's Cornwin School & Church. the only reason i know this is because there's a sticker on a side window saying that..joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.