Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard would it be to put a late model stepside bed on a 71 chevy truck? it already has a stepside on it, but i like the way these swaps look. would i have to do any body work on the cab to make the lines match up? and how will the bed bolt up to the frame?

·
Registered
180 Posts
dont know how it would bolt up,i saw one this weekend the bodylines matched up good,but the wheel opening was a lot diffrent in the back. the front was flat around the opening and the back was more pointed

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,136 Posts
never ever saw one on a truck later than the tri-fives and they do look awesome!! might take alittle fabrication but nothin serious. no bushings are involved just metal to metal with some j bolts thru a hole in a plate.(that means the bed just sits on the frame. as far as bodies lining up. hell, stock tri five beds don't even line up with the cabs lines so wouldn't worry about it. :cool:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have seen the late 90s 2000 Ford stepside beds on 67-72 chevys and they match up to the body real good and not bad to install.They look very cool!

·
Returning American Maddman
444 Posts
As Bull says, they work killer on the tri-5 trucks. That is a common exchange. Just measure the donor from front of bed to center of wheel well. That is the biggest area of concern.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know about how well they work, but it ain't really a mod I like. Different people different tastes I guess. I guess I just prefer a classic look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts