Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to install my rear leafs , what is the best, (easiest) way center first then front than rear shackles? Advise, thanks, Dana (My leafs are underneath my axle!!) I do have shocks attached also!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I try to do the front first ... then the rear ( shackles ) and then install the rear end ... Always on GOOD jack stands or supported REAL GOOD

Deuce ... Moderator

·
Registered
308 Posts
Go to hotroders lounge to the thread "55 to 59 chevy truck owners" on the first page is Tom Meyers post.He can help you.I know your truck is older but old trucks are old trucks and the guys love to help other truck guys.I am sorry but I am out of town right now so I dont have acess to my photos or anything else.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I Used A Leaf Sprint Kit

39Chevy, Thanks DD. I got a bolt on Kit from TCI for my '57 pickup. It is a bolt-on kit. The only welding is on the axle pads once you set the pinion angle. I used a 8.5" gen 2 camaro rearend that I rebuilt, put in a posi ,and added 373 gears. You can't get any easier then this setup.

I used The Right Stuff rear disc brakes. This is a great rear disc brake kit.

Check it out at www.meyerbrosrods.com/photos/toms_57_chevy_truck/default.aspx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.