Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a Hurst T-handle for a right hand drive car? You know, one that fits your left hand instead of the right hand? I have searched ebay using United Kingdom as a search parameter, and have looked through all the vendors I could think of, but no luck. I have a friend who had his knee replaced, and will have to walk with a cane for a while, and I wanted to make him a custom cane out of a T-handle, but he will be using it in his left hand. Any UK readers out there have anything? Doesn't have to be Hurst, just a T-handle for the left hand.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!!

:thumbup:

MF

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Malc I just sent them an e-mail.
Stu He had his left knee done, will be in re-hab and therapy for 8 weeks, then he has his OTHER KNEE done! 12 weeks after that he can start looking for a new job cause he can't go back to his old profession, construction, cause it will tear up his new knees! I used to ***** about aches and pains till I started hanging around with him, now I'm ashamed to complain, cause he doesn't!!
Thanks for the help guys, and if anyone else has any leads, please let me know!!

MF

·
Registered
427 Posts
If he had his left knee done then he will walk with a cane in his right hand.

Right knee / cane in left hand.
Never on the same side. I know from which I speak.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Stu not arguing with ya, but I asked him, and he assured me that he will be using it in his left hand. Either way, he will need it for the OTHER knee, if you are correct. just gives me a little more time to locate the "wrong handed" one!!

Thanks to all who replied, and keep those suggestions coming in! I will post a picture when I get it finished.
Thanks again

MF

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well if he had his left knee replaced and using the cane in the left hand that is wrong.
You want to take excess weight off the sore leg. That's where the cane in the other hand comes in.
When you walk normally the right arm swings in step with the left leg.
I walked with a cane in my right hand when my left leg had been operated on.
Trust me on this one.
A lot of therapists don't know diddly when it comes to this.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm with you on this one Stu. But he is the one doin the walkin!! Anyway, he wil need it on one of them!! SO EVERYONE HELP ME LOOK FOR A LEFT HANDED T-HANDLE SHIFT KNOB!!!!

THANKS TO ALL

MF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts