Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a huge hot rod fan. But I can't afford a real one, so I spent the last six months designing and building a Lego hot rod. The suicide doors are motorized and can be opened by turning the engine and shifting gears. The supercharger is an electric Lego motor that turns the engine. The engine has an actual crankshaft and eight pistons. The transmission, differential, and suspension are all functional. The car is 100% Lego. I've submitted it to a website called Cuusoo, where people can support projects to become an official Lego set.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
LOLOL, that is friggin awesome! I love it! :thumbup:

Brian

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Thanks for the compliments!

One day I hope to have a real hot rod. But I do have an S-10 with a 6.0l LSx engine. It's a different kind of hot rod, I suppose :D
The next step for you would be to build models, I built a heck of a lot of them and it was a stepping stone for me.

I need to post some photos, I have a few of them.

Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The next step for you would be to build models, I built a heck of a lot of them and it was a stepping stone for me.

I need to post some photos, I have a few of them.

Brian
That's actually another childhood hobby I had that I would like to get into again. I even have several models new in the box sitting in storage. I'll get to them one of these days. I would like to finish my hobby room before first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.